• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New! PGM rifles in the USA

uvson

Sergeant
Minuteman
pgm338_001.png

pgmur_001.png

<span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">PGM Rifles in the USA!</span></span>

<span style="color: #006600"> </span>

Hello Every body,

I'm very happy to announce you that PGM Precision is distributed by an US company.

www.pgmprecision.com

DRAKE ASSOCIATES NY state
You can contact Bob and Christopher DRAKE at [email protected]

these models are available:
- PGM 338 info here
- ULTIMA RATIO 7.08 R, 260 R et 6.5x47 lapua info here

If you've any questions about these famous french rifle, don't hesitate, send me a MP or email at [email protected]

herewith some pics galleries

PGM Ultima Ratio 1 2

PGM338 1 2

friend%20(123).JPG

friend%20(220).JPG

PGM338%20(8).jpg

Re: New! PGM rifles in the USA

how much would would it cost for the Ultima Ratio in 308. also do they shoot below moa @100 yards using fgmm ammo.

mac

I've no idea about price in the USA, ask:
DRAKE ASSOCIATES NY state
You can contact Bob and Christopher DRAKE at [email protected]

this is the only point that I can't answer!!

308W isn't imported.
U.S. laws prohibit the import of Otan caliber.
But you can find a good gunsmith in the USA.

Wow, this rifles puts a new meaning to switch barrel. Definitely interested in the reviews and price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the ribbed barrel! </div></div>

<span style="font-style: italic">"Ribbed for pleasure"</span> Sorry, I couldn't resist.
laugh.gif

Julien: I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your very exotic rifles. I can't access the links fron this computer...are these "switch barrel" rifles?

Saying that the receiver/action looks tough, is a huge understatement. That looks like a Caterpillar!
Prices should, at least in theory, take advantage of the rise of the USD in the last few months.

Yes, you're right, this the switch barrel rifle!!

The euro is downing at this time and now, prices from europ are interessant.

I'm not happy, because it's less interesting for me to buy in the USA!!
eek.gif

VSP968 thank for your compliment!!

see the video
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlj_Xg2eJcI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rlj_Xg2eJcI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I wouldnt quite rule out that 12 twist as being "no good" lol, Our member MSA won the Finnish Sniper Competition this year with a factory TRG42 that has a 12 twist and he has plenty pics and range data of him going out to 2000yd with them 250s lol.

Thanks

I have a lot of experiance with tham
1.AI magazines will not fit the magazines a re diferent
2.the 338 LM is very accurate with BH 250 grain sierra and SM 250 grain p
3.only critic i have is that thetrigger group gets dirty very fast and than you must take it off and clean it
by fast i mean 50-100 rounds of 338
I love tham better than the AI

good shootin

I am not a big fan of the AI thumbhole or human engineering
The human engineering is much better in my opinion
The bolt travel and locking is also better
Barrel switching is faster and easier
And in the new ones you get a nice very long picatinny rail for night vision devices
Everything I write is based on my own experience and tastes
I believe they will be cheaper in the states over the AI Which is really good but definitely very overpriced
Hope this helps

I will try my best to make one
If you have any questions feel free to ask
Accuracy is just as good as any high end rifles including AI GOL MCM
Greatest advantage in my opinion is the ergonomics as mentioned and the picatinny rail O and very very massive folding stock
You have to get used for the mag release which is under the trigger guard
And the only problem I mentioned is the carbon buildups in the trigger group I like the rifle very much but if you ask me when compared to a GAP or even a Remington I always return to those rifles because you can play with them
With the AI or PGM or DSR you can't do any alternations and anyway I prefer spending my money in the states when possible
Hope this helps

My pleasure
At last I can Help a little

I just saw one of these with the ribbed barrel at our last local gun show. I must have stared at it for ten minutes without blinking. If I recall the dealer wanted over $10k for the setup which has a S&B mounted on it. It was sitting next to a AI and a semi-auto Barrett .50. Needless to say when I left, I wiped my drool off the table the guns were sitting on.

Yes, these rifles are gorgeous! I love them!
and the result on the target are wonderfull!
The quality of the CNC machined is perfect! all is in aviation steel like the better M16's builder!
Magazines are parts made by PGM only

for the 338LM, 1/12 is the standart twist of the 338LM. The RUAG or Lapua cartridges do well! the HPBT 250 or the Armor percing have been shooted about 1400m with goods results

The PGM338LM has been tested by Swiss army. the barrel tested at more 5000 shoots with the same accuracy @ 1200m!

for the trigger group, I've never had any problem? can you explain?
Maybe there a lot of dust, sand in our country?
the trigger group is nearly the same the Ultima Ratio. The UR is used by EPIGN, RAID and Specials Forces in France

intro582.jpg

4.jpg

For the lens cap, I've buy it with a US Marine retired, this a Teenabrex, but for gvt sales only... http://camouflage.com/

Gol1, thanks for your review. I know there some PGM in Israel, but the first time I read someone! I'm happy, you've the three picatinny options!! too expansive for me, a poor civilian
grin.gif

The price or the oldest PGM in the USA is expansive! FN USA was the distributor. But too much greedy

album_10.jpg

album_11.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
308W isn't imported.
U.S. laws prohibit the import of Otan caliber.</div></div>

It would be nice if US Law differentiated between a third world surplus AK parts kit and a bolt action rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, these rifles are gorgeous! I love them!
and the result on the target are wonderfull!
The quality of the CNC machined is perfect! all is in aviation steel like the better M16's builder!
Magazines are parts made by PGM only</div></div>

Julien,

Those rifles are gorgeous. I remember seeing them when they were imported by FN and I was really tempted to buy one but, as you noted they were too expensive for me at the time.

Keep up the good work! And, I look forward to future posts with these rifles.

Sid

Just IN case some of you guys , missed IT , these rifles all use a Aluminimum Receiver , thats why you see a little steel insert where the bolt handle stops and cams down .

Later Chris

yes, for the short history of the APR from BT

In 2001 (i believe), the foundator of PGM was killed himself in a moto's accident (the P of PGM). His associates have continued the activity but with a lot of problem of management, money, etc....

the firm was nearly closed and a supplier decided to buy PGM.
The associates "left" the company and a new manager came.

this associates "take" some plans with them and go to BT.... you know the rest....

Well Julien
I see that you also enjoy the PGM in all it's versions including the SD
So I believe I should't be to wooried about your financial situation.
Do you have long range shooting competitions in Franch?
Nice pics
Thanks

Years ago FN had these rifles on their website as Hecate I believe

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Belisarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ultima Ratio Intervention and they can shoot!!! 300m target </div></div>

the pics are oldest.

I know the good results from this young girl!!

Gol1 (Golani?)
We have some competitions or meetings. Not the same than in the USA, but more and more long range shooting center appear in France

Poitiers%20021.JPG

cpeople%20(26).JPG

friend%20(49).JPG

No golani for me
GOL for:
www.golmatic.de

In Israel we have roughly 150 shooters and we cant get licenses any more and not very much places to shoot
as soon as they will take my rifle I am looking for a new home
I need sunny weather and long ranges
any suggestions?

Nothing to be sorry
Are you having fun with the SD version
What do you shoot with it
Thanks

what is the maximal range you shoot it
and what ammo?

Anyone have any idea what the current US price on these would be? Similar moneywise to an AI?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better is to send an email to the suppliers!</div></div>

I sent an email to Drake Associates the first day you posted this thread Julien. I still waiting for reply.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Julien</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Better is to send an email to the suppliers!</div></div>

I sent an email to Drake Associates the first day you posted this thread Julien. I still waiting for reply.

Thanks </div></div>

Same here

well you are wellcome in mexico, nortwest is what you are loking for

mmmmm, i was trying to respond to gol1, my keyboard don´t do what i want lol