• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report new place to shoot

badshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2008
South Arkansas
I went for a ride today on my deer lease, checking things and such, when I realized there is a long lane in there. It is a natural gas pipeline that was rebuilt this past spring. It was widened and cleared. I didn't have a gps or rangefinder with me, so I set the trip odometer on my ATV and drove down the lane. I came up with .5 miles which is 880yds. I finally found a place close enough to my house to get past 500yds, and its on MY deer lease. I never realized the pipeline was so long until it was opened up. Its only about 5 minutes away from my house.

Re: new place to shoot

Don´t hit the pipeline
grin.gif

Maybe you better check with the gas company to see if it is safe to do. Sometimes those things are supposed to be one distance underground and turn out to be something else. There might also be some legal restrictions that the property owner doesn't even know about that basically say "no shooting or trespassing".

Assuming that there will be no problems with the gas company, have fun.

Chris112

We have been hunting there for years, they had to go around one stand just to work on the pipeline, so I don't think they care. They even put up a gate at one end just for us to keep people out. Told us to put our own lock on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lill-rambo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don´t hit the pipeline
grin.gif
</div></div>

Funny to say to someone that goes by badshooter!

State land and national forest have them layin above ground here. No problems with hunting around lines.
Hunters usually find and report leaks for them.