• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New POF build and range report w/pics

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Ok...so the weather was really nice here today. So I set out to sight in the new POF gas piston build. I load up the car with all the needed items and head to the local BLM range.

I get setup and do a few 25yrd "get on paper" shots them move the target stand to 100yrds.

Here are some of my better groups with it. Only having a max magnification of 5X REALLY makes difference when shooting 100yrds and more. I am use to 16X PLUS for my long range shooting.

Even so....you can see the rifle does shoot. It REALLY liked the 69gr Federal BTHP Match ammo. But I zeroed it with the Black Hills 50gr, Vmax for yote shooting.

Ok...so that is the plus side of things....now for the bad. The rifle kept jamming. Kinda seemed like it was short stroking. I swapped the gas piston around to give it more gas hoping that was it...nope. Tried differnt mags...nope. I am getting REALLY pissed. I spent a good deal of $$$ on this setup.

So I take it apart and clean it. As I go to put the bolt back in the BC I happen to look at the bolt and it says........................6.8 !!!! WTF?!?

I grab a empty case.....sure as poop...it is a 6.8 bolt. I load up the car and get home and place a call to the dealer and email them a pic. They were VERY nice and said they would get me a new .223 bolt out today.

So....there you have it. I will give another report when I get the correct bolt and make it to the range.

Take care,Stan

Re: New POF build and range report w/pics

good luck talking to Chris. pof CS sucks!

Hope this works out for you... I've returned my POF twice now...

What is going on with them?!?!?

what does 223 brass lookin like in a 6.8 bolt?

Sorry about your luck, BgBmBoo. I was deadset on buying a POF a couple months ago but fortunately a lack of funds made me hold off. In that time, the number of reported POF quality control issues has been increasing on these and other forums. It seems they're ramping up their production heavily, but not maintaining the quality that they had in their earlier rifles. For what people pay for those guns, the functioning should be nearly flawless. If there's an issue with quality control, I hope their customer service is crazy good. A lot of people are getting spooked away by quality issues like you had. Good luck man, I hope they treat you right and give you your money's worth.

~ZL