• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New police chief in Mexico

Re: New police chief in Mexico

It's a sad state there, and a brave girl. I was just arguing with some friends who are trying to suggest it's our fault somehow.

I wish her luck--she's gonna need it.

She can't do any worse than the other fuktards that have been corrupted and are puppets serving the coke pimps.

" Local residents say the drug gangs take over at night, riding through the towns in convoys of SUVs and pickups, assault rifles and even .50 caliber sniper rifles at the ready."

...Sounds better then Iraq. I may find myself down there sometime if this keeps up.

I wonder if she will live in the US too? (My understanding is this is pretty common practice).

Wall it all off - let them figure it out.

Good luck

Someone wanted a Patsy, both literally and figuratively.

There is probably some black humor in there some where.

Good luck

She's a goner. She comes off as another ignorant liberal. She won't even carry a gun and want's to hire more females but won't give a reason why. You don't have to like guns you just have to be prepared to use the damned thing or you won't last long. As far as the women go she sounds like a bit of a feminist. It's war! Not a time to go on a feminist rights awareness campaign or any other campaign not directly related to dealing with the cartels for that matter. She's in for a hell of a wake up call! She may know what's going on being a former resident of the area but when it's you're job to lead the troops it's a different world. She's definitely got that defiant Latin pride but that's not even close to enough. I sincerely hope she makes it but I'd bet money that her grave is already dug.

Mr. Blasty, it has nothing to do wether she's a liberal or not. For decades the mexican government has prevented it's citizenry from owning firearms. So when you are raised under those circumstances guns would be taboo to them. It has only been in the last couple of years that mexico has started allowing it's citizens to own firearms, but with with very strict rules and always a very low caliber, and sold at prices that most ordinary people cannot afford. I can tell you this, her accepting this job tells me she is more a conservitive than liberal. But you maybe right in that she might be a feminist, but i will wait and see. As for her hiring more women, here is one fact, female police officers are less corrupt than male officers.

general031.jpg

I read somewhere that she said she wasn't going to concern herself with law enforcement and pretty much let it happen and focus on the stuff that she can change by helping schools and crap and leave the drug war to the military.

How long does it take to change a "Cultural Attitude"? We should see some change in about 30 years.

As far as this being our fault, I do wonder how different life would be in Mexico without this nations insatiable drug appetite.

and the best part is she is leaving her police force unarmed. she is "trying to set a new standard against violence"

Is "people like this" referring to me?

It's simple economics. We create the demand because everyone likes to be altered and Mexico supplies the substance. We need to take equal responsibility don't you think? Current policy isn't working and Mexico is not equipped to deal with the violence associated with drug trafficking. Something needs to change.

We can't have a discussion without personal attacks? I think Mexico does take much of the responsibility regarding the drug trade but really has no way to deal with it. I think your America Fuck Yeah attitude is more flawed than my thought process on supply and demand.

One hand washes the other and this issue is leaving victims on both sides. Lets be real about this. Shooting Mexicans at the boarder won't help either. If drugs are a threat to national security, then the responsibility starts with us. It's really a pointless argument because nobody is willing to stop partying long enough to sober up to see the light.

Would like to know your thoughts on how my thought process on supply & demand is flawed. I am open to arguments that make sense without personal attacks.

I really didn't understand your statement about young Mexican women being an issue although I have seen several investigations of Americans crossing the boarder to have sex with young Mexican boys.

edit for spelling

Imagine the backlash this is going to create if she is killed.

Forget a mustard seed, that girl must have faith the size of the entire Heinz Mustard factory to take that position.

I wish her good luck. She will need it. If she is killed, I wonder what sort of response the cartels can expect?

The world is watching her. The cartels would do best to steer clear of even appearing like they want to harm her cus Mexico will not be able to ignore that and send a paltry contingent of Federales in response. They will have to answer in force.

Good luck, Police Chief Garcia!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We can't have a discussion without personal attacks? I think Mexico does take much of the responsibility regarding the drug trade but really has no way to deal with it. I think your America Fuck Yeah attitude is more flawed than my thought process on supply and demand.

One hand washes the other and this issue is leaving victims on both sides. Lets be real about this. Shooting Mexicans at the boarder won't help either. If drugs are a threat to national security, then the responsibility starts with us. It's really a pointless argument because nobody is willing to stop partying long enough to sober up to see the light.

Would like to know your thoughts on how my thought process on supply & demand is flawed. I am open to arguments that make sense without personal attacks.

I really didn't understand your statement about young Mexican women being an issue although I have seen several investigations of Americans crossing the boarder to have sex with young Mexican boys.

edit for spelling </div></div>

It doesn't matter where the demand comes from, the demand is there. So the question is how do you combat it, cut off the buyers (millions of wide spread people) or cut off the source (a few cartels)? The US "war on drugs" has a lot of arrests and seizures yet nothing has really changed, and we have the time and resources Mexico doesn't, or opts not to employ.

If Mexico can't deal with their own problems, and nothing suggests they can, you can't blame the US.

I just finished The Last Narco,by Malcolm Beith. Book has a lot of insight,history on the Mexican drug cartels and how they reach into U.S. cities.The demand for drugs is here ,Mexico will keep supplying it,while the cartels fight over power blood shed will continue.

The only change will come from people who decide they don't want to use anymore. I really don't see that happening. I will have to check out that book. Thanks for the suggestion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: groovebus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's really pretty. I hope they don't kill and decapitate her. It would be a shame. </div></div>

My guess is that unless she goes along with the Narco thugs this is exactly what will happen to her. Unfortunately by being an attractive young woman I'm pretty sure sexual assault of every type will preceed the above. The people that they are dealing with have lost all resemblence of humanity and thus should be delt with accordingly. It's unfortunate that this is happening in the shithole Mexico has become. Integrety and honor can be <span style="text-decoration: line-through">bought</span> lost for a few dollars in such a poor country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavScout1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The other option, I guess, is that she is a plant by the cartel.

</div></div>

Again - she is someone's patsy. The only question is who sponsored her?

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
As far as this being our fault, I do wonder how different life would be in Mexico without this nations insatiable drug appetite. </div></div>

The more relevant question is what would Mexico be like without the present and historic level of corruption which includes but is not limited to a direct and open partnership between the government and trafficers until the election of Fox? (Now that partnership is non official and per unit or organization).

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Socalsheepdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We need to take equal responsibility don't you think?

</div></div>

I love this line of thinking that has been driven into American society by those on the left via the media.

Critical thinking. Words have meaning.

We need to take <span style="font-weight: bold">equal</span> responsibility.

Equal - seems to me that we have entire legal volumes filled with case law / court rooms dedicated to drug crimes / entire social service entities that do nothing but deal with the aftermath of drugs / prisons filled with drug offenders.

Mexico - umm - the government is a partner to the cartels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Current policy isn't working and Mexico is not equipped to deal with the violence associated with drug trafficking. Something needs to change.</div></div>

Correct, our current drug policy is not as effective as it could be. Guess what? It isn't supposed to be either. It is an employment source with other complimentary effects depending on how you manipulate it. Anyone who really thinks we are trying to stamp out drugs in America needs a reality check.

Mexico - the partnership between the Mexican government and the cartels worked great and kept the violence to a minimum until they wanted some of that NAFTA / CAFTA money and 'progress'. Enter Fox and the pledge to clean it up - the result was an explosion in violence. Mexico needs to figure that shit out on their own. America (as proven in Iraq / A-Stan, and any every other shit hole we have stuck our finger in and pushed and prodded an uninterested people to 'do it our way') is powerless and will do nothing but throw money down a rat hole, make the people reliant on the US. And when we finally say enough - those people be in a worse position than when we started to meddle in their affairs.

No. Tough love is the answer. Wall it off. No one in or out - they figure it out on their own. It will take peasants rising up with an axe and splitting the head of a politician. If they can not do that and are willing to resign themselves to servitude - that is their business and their choice.

Good luck