• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ArsPoetica

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2021
Raleigh, NC
I'm currently building out a basic semi-auto AR-10 platform in 6.5CM; basically a poor man's DMR. I'm starting off on a PSA rifle and plan to upgrade as I go (I did get the Geissele SSA-E trigger) and I do have it set up to run suppressed with a Rugged Razor 7.62.

I'll be moving a scope from my Ruger RPR with Warne high rings (which will be getting a better scope), but I'm thinking of leaving the rings on the RPR and getting a Vortex cantilever mount for the PSA. It will be for a Vortex 6.5x20x50mm scope (30mm tube).

Simply, put... should I stick with a 2 piece mount like the Warne (or any other quality brand) or is there any advantage to the one piece cantilever mount? From what I see the cantilever does have a bit higher center over bore than most of the two piece mounts.

Thanks!

I’d run a quality one-piece mount with 20MOA of cant for your AR10. Geissele, Nightforce, ADM, Larue, KAC, Spuhr, etc come to mind. There’s many others as well

Reactions: ArsPoetica
I ran ADM Recon 30, 20moa, on my AR10 with no regrets at all. Solid mount for the money.

I use and like the weaver msr mounts. Also consider me a poor but I don’t like the looks of the higher end stuff and I don’t need quick detach.

The cantilever allows you a little more adjustment on the positioning while staying on the upper receivers rail. But the rings you have should work.

If you are going to stretch that cartridges range 14/1500yards , consider a 20 moa/5.8 mil base, as 30mm tube only has so much adjustment. If you have no desire to shoot that far a standard base is fine. My .02 take it for what its worth.

The cantilever allows you a little more adjustment on the positioning while staying on the upper receivers rail. But the rings you have should work.

If you are going to stretch that cartridges range 14/1500yards , consider a 20 moa/5.8 mil base, as 30mm tube only has so much adjustment. If you have no desire to shoot that far a standard base is fine. My .02 take it for what its worth.
For this rifle I plan to keep it under 1000yds. Probably mid-range mostly 300-600yds for most applications.

Can't go wrong with Scalarworks, or Badger Ord. C1. If either are in your budget and/or fill your need.