• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ***New Premier 3-15x50mm Hunter/Light Tactical***

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ZsBpuuKW7I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pricing and details of Hunter and Tactical Lite version posted on our blog:

http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/Blog-Articles/New-Premier-Heritage-3-15x50mm-Hunter.html

Premier Heritage Hunter 3-15x50mm Front Focal Plane Illuminated

Premier Heritage Hunter 3-15x50mm Front Focal Plane Non-Illuminated

Premier_Heritage_4d8b807051585.jpg

In Stock 6/15/11 Premier Light Tactical GEN2 XR and GEN2:

<span style="color: #000099">Premier Heritage 3-15x50mm Light Tactical FFP Illuminated</span>

<span style="color: #000099">Premier Heritage 3-15x50mm Light Tactical FFP Non-Illuminated</span>

Premier_Heritage_4db8bc3c6d7de.jpg

Here is the Setup I just did. Premier Light Tactical 3-15x50mm mounted to a Spartan Rifle. Sorry not the best photos.

5916652940_c8d66e2b4c_z.jpg

Video added on 6.22.11:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r_LQkE0VHFE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Re: New Premier 3-15x50mm Hunter/Light Tactical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hmmm....

will be interesting to read a head to head of the Hunter (tactical) vs a "standard" Premier 3-15x50mm </div></div>

Will put something together for ya...

Mike @ CST

Re: ***New Premier 3-15x50mm Hunter***

Are the hunters all going to be FFP. Curios because i would want to use it for varmint hunting and was wondering if the 3 power would be usable. Hunting coyotes in open woods where i live i would be using the lower powers alot. Do like some of the reticle choices they offer and would need the allumination.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are the hunters all going to be FFP. Curios because i would want to use it for varmint hunting and was wondering if the 3 power would be usable. Hunting coyotes in open woods where i live i would be using the lower powers alot. Do like some of the reticle choices they offer and would need the allumination. </div></div>

The information posted on our blog is all the info we currently have. Right now, there's not much more info. We'll have more info in the near future as far as what the reticle looks like at lower power.

Thanks,

Mike @ CST

Really nice looking scope. I did read only 65 moa windage elevation? That seems alittle limited giving the 1800-2000$ price tag? But the recticals seem very nice!! I'm sure there will be alot of new scopes coming out after shot show.

This is nice to see Premier branching into other areas. Seems like a smart business move to diversify the scope options and hopefully pick up revenue streams for the company.

I hear ya on that. It would be nice to see some SFP scopes as an option for the hunter and varmint hunter with a few more magnifacation ranges in that price range. I think it would open there doors up to a broader range of people and maybe give Night Force and IOR a run for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really nice looking scope. I did read only 65 moa windage elevation? That seems alittle limited giving the 1800-2000$ price tag? But the recticals seem very nice!! I'm sure there will be alot of new scopes coming out after shot show. </div></div>

Don't quote us on the price. The key word in the blog post was "speculated." We'll have to wait and see the exact price.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Nice. I like the weight for that class of scope. Now, we need either NF or Premier to come out with a 40mm or so size obj. and perhaps 12x.

Looks like this is comparable to the new Leica scopes.....I think the Leica is lighter weight, but I think this offers more reticle choices and illumination. Don't remember the Leica offering that. But my memory may be failing me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lots of new optics coming out this year from everyone it looks like. My only concern with premier going to a 30mm tube is elevation adjustment the hunter model has 19mils and I wonder if that will be the same on the lite tactical model as well? Leupold is about as nice that I can afford right now but if a Premier new could be at those speculated prices I might go for one.</div></div>

Yes it will. The tube diameter has a lot to do with the overall erector movement. I think you will find that 18 mils is very generous to get out of a 30mm tube. The Light tactical will have 2 revolutions on the turret which will allow a .308 to get out to about 1,000 yds. I think you will find that pretty good compared to other 30mm tube adjustments.
    Paul

How 'bout some pics of what's under the turret caps.
    Can the turret zero be set?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frankythefly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My only concern with premier going to a 30mm tube is elevation adjustment the hunter model has 19mils and I wonder if that will be the same on the lite tactical model as well?</div></div>

I think you will find that 18 mils is very generous to get out of a 30mm tube. The Light tactical will have 2 revolutions on the turret which will allow a .308 to get out to about 1,000 yds.</div></div>

And that's at sea level without adding a 20 MOA base, which gives you another ~16 MOA of usable elevation (with a 100-yard zero). At 5,000 feet you could take a .308 Win 168 gr. SMK out to +1200 yards before it went trans-sonic. So it's plenty of scope for most shooting applications.

On the pics I don't have any yet as the parts we are playing with are just protoypes for the light tactical right now, sorry.

The design that I am looking at has a hard zero stop just like our large tacticals, so no, it can't be set, it is a true mechanical zero stop.

+1 to what Azimutha added. This is designed to be a good all around scope.

Thanks,
    Paul

I don't know if I read it right, the lite tac model will have the regular PH turret for elevation and one with a covered cap for windage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the pics I don't have any yet as the parts we are playing with are just protoypes for the light tactical right now, sorry.

Thanks,
    Paul </div></div>

If your reply was for my request for pics, i was referring to the hunter knobs…the capped ones. And can they be set to 0, once zero is established?

RHutch,

My bad. Yes I can take pics and yes the knobs can be zeroed by a simple screw.
    I will try to get pics up today but I don't know how to do it so I will have to look around on the site for directions, but pics will be forthcoming.

Thanks,
    Paul

Email me the pics to the addy in my profile.
    I'll post them here.

I'd like to see the weight of the hunter tactical.

I spoke to our company engineer and we are waiting for the final revision of parts for the turrets. They are about 3-4 weeks out and he feels (as well as I do) we shouldn't put anything out that is not going to be used on the finished product. So I am sorry but pics of the turrets will have to wait until those parts come in. I can tell you though that they are not coin turrets, you will dial these with your fingers and use a small screwdriver to set zero.
    So feel free to send me a PM in a few weeks and I should have something for you.

As far as weight we are in the 24 oz range. The light tactical may be just a hair more.

Thanks,
    Paul

These are from Paul at Premier:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Guys,
    Here finally are some pics of the Hunter and Light tactical turrets. Please understand that we are still working with these but they are pretty close to the final product we feel the pics are ok to release.
    The knobs are mounted to a tube- the elevation is the Light Tactical and the windage is the Hunter, I did this so you could compare the two with a visual reference of the tube.

There is no engraving on the light tactical knob as we have not completed the artwork for the engraver, but again this is to answer the questions about size and style of the turrets.

Below is the Hunter, a simple single turn knob available in Mil or MOA.</div></div>

5595278117_40165a5062_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the top of the Hunter turret. This will be covered by a sticker noting direction. The small screw is for zeroing the dial.</div></div>

5595279905_8263ee6772_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the sticker.</div></div>

5595313587_dedf8436ed_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is a picture of the light tactical turret- again there is not engraving, the window at the bottom is for the second revolution indicator. I don’t know if you can see it or not in these pictures but there is a white dot (which may be replaced by a number) in the second picture- this corresponds to the second revolution.</div></div>

5595862114_ea516c835d_z.jpg

5595278965_f36de63a9e_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And here is the top of the turret.</div></div>

5595862968_002ae02883_z.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This helps you get a sense of the difference in sizes between the two turrets. This turret is also available in Mils and MOA.

I hope this has helped give you a better idea of what we are trying to do here. I will try to answer any of the questions you guys post.

Thanks,
    Paul
    </div></div>

The hunter turrets look good for what I would use them for. When will these (hunters) be available?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Plange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RHutch,
    We will be shipping Hunters by the end of next month, Light tacticals about a month after that.
    Thanks,
    Paul </div></div>

That's great to hear! Thanks for all the info...

Mason @ CST

Will the light tactical also have the same zeroing system as the bigger tactical models (no allen or keys needed )???

Thanks

OK just saw it in Cstactical web page..

***New Premier 3-15x50mm Hunter/Light Tactical***

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gyr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will the light tactical also have the same zeroing system as the bigger tactical models (no allen or keys needed )???

Thanks </div></div>

It will be different from the originals, with a set screw type of zeroing system.

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Re: ***New Premier 3-15x50mm Hunter/Light Tactical***

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USACS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So wait, is the $2275 price going to be the final price? I thought we were looking at sub $2k...? </div></div>

The Premier Heritage Hunters are in the sub $2k range (see 2:25 of video):

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gm6CRok6J6E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gm6CRok6J6E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

Ahhh stink. $500 for the turrets I want. May have to re consider.

Other than the LT turret price, Premier have got it right for the LR hunting crew.

Chris

Opps, one question, the LT clearly has zero stop, but does the hunter?

Chris

If I look at the correct pictures, the hunter models do not have any numbers on the turrets other than the "zero"? Is that correct?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner426</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I look at the correct pictures, the hunter models do not have any numbers on the turrets other than the "zero"? Is that correct? </div></div>

Wegner,
    You are correct. The Hunter dials just have a "0" for a reference. A simple no fuss no muss hunting scope. No zero stops, no anything that is not needed on a basic hunting scope- just the basics plus a scope coat to protect the unit.
    The light tactical on the other hand has zero stops, 2 revolution elevation turret w/ indicator, lens covers, etc.

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul,
    Thanks for the update. Just my opinion, but I would think that most would like the turrets marked in case they wanted to remove and dial. Think prairie dog hunting etc. Kind of like the original IOR 3-18's were that had covered turrets. Regardless, very nice scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wegner426</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Paul,
    Thanks for the update. Just my opinion, but I would think that most would like the turrets marked in case they wanted to remove and dial. Think prairie dog hunting etc. Kind of like the original IOR 3-18's were that had covered turrets. Regardless, very nice scope. </div></div>

I questioned Paul on that too. Numbers would be nice but not really needed.

If you use the reticle for holdovers (10 mils worth in the XR reticle) the most one would need to dial from any of the reference points would be .4 mils.

soooo…for example...if you need a precise 3.9 mils of elevation to reach the target, dial .4 mils (4 clicks) and hold on the 3.5 mil mark.
    Shouldn't get lost in the dial that way and is just as accurate as dialing the 3.9 and holding center crosshair.
    That is how I intend to use this scope in hunting situations.

The Hunter was based loosely on the coin slot dials and then we decided to go a bit further and at least offer something you could turn with your fingers.

If you want to dial then the lt tactical would be the one to fit your needs.

As you add things you also add cost, so we have a defined product line in our opinion.

Don't forget we still have the 1-8 coming in a few months (around Sept) to continue to round out the line.

Thanks,
    Paul

Update: We should be getting the Light Tactical Rifle Scopes from Premier next week...

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

I'd really like to see how these work out!

Got some pics for you guys of some of the features of this scope. You can see more pics of the Light Tactical at the link below:

http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/Blog-...l-Are-Here.html

5765555593_aa892a1690_z.jpg

Notice the Revolution Indicator Window on the Elevation:

5765559433_69b2a49a80_z.jpg

5766107184_558d61e573_z.jpg

Here is the windage knob:

5766104340_b72c0c9181_z.jpg

Notice the Right Adjustment Indicator Window:

5766108106_360f24f47c_z.jpg

Notice the Left Adjustment Indicator Window:

5765560011_b5c57b9197_z.jpg

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

I looked through this scope next to some very high-end glass at the NorCal match, and I have to say this looks like a good piece of gear. If you are a fan of Premier glass, this is worth a look.

Mark

That is good to hear.

New shipment just arrived! Premier 3-15x LT's. We have them with the GEN2XR and the GEN2 MilDot. We have both reticles with illumination and without illumination. Customers have been very pleased with these scopes.

*Front Focal Plane
    *30mm Tube
    *Light Weight
    *Durable Housing
    *12 Mil-DT-CCW Turrets
    *Innovative Design
    *High End Glass
    *Great Reticles
    *Great Price

Thanks,

Mason @ CST