• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Primary Arms PLXC 1-8 FFP

Is the GLX 1-10 being made in the Philippines with sourced Japanese glass? I'm just curious as to why it's in the GLX like not the PLX? Thanks

Glx vs PLx is not COO. Think oif our tiers as Good SLx, Better GLx and best PLx. It is made in Japan with Japanese glass but is not made in the same (best of the best OEM factory) as our PLx scopes. Also quality of coatings is not at the level of our new PLx. Our goal was to make it as good as we could but not go over $1,000

Glx vs PLx is not COO. Think oif our tiers as Good SLx, Better GLx and best PLx. It is made in Japan with Japanese glass but is not made in the same (best of the best OEM factory) as our PLx scopes. Also quality of coatings is not at the level of our new PLx. Our goal was to make it as good as we could but not go over $1,000
That makes total sense, I'm really looking forward to this. I wasn't planning on getting a 1-10 but at that price I may change my mind. I'm assuming glass etched reticle and led illumination, what is the Weight/FOV going to be or has that been officially worked out yet?

That makes total sense, I'm really looking forward to this. I wasn't planning on getting a 1-10 but at that price I may change my mind. I'm assuming glass etched reticle and led illumination, what is the Weight/FOV going to be or has that been officially worked out yet?

This is the GLx 1-10 FFP

FOV: 104 at 1X
9.6' at 10X
Click value .1 Mil
weight 23.3oz
length 11.44"
30mm tube

Last edited:
Can we see high res versions of the reticles? Please.
Not sure if you meant the PLx 1-8 or the GLx, but this is from the catalog for the PLx. Has the reticle at 1x and 8x, also included the specs...that's a really nice FOV at 100 yards, 121 feet!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220207-134905.png
    Screenshot_20220207-134905.png
    876.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Screenshot_20220207-134858.png
    Screenshot_20220207-134858.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20220207-134848.png
    Screenshot_20220207-134848.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20220207-134917.png
    Screenshot_20220207-134917.png
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 249
Will the PLx have a similar "disappearing" type scope effect when behind it like a few others on the market, or was the eyepiece not configured that way?

Did we ever get an expected release date for the GLX?

What’s the point of the hash marks outside of the horseshoe? Seems like the verticals marks are overkill. Thanks

What’s the point of the hash marks outside of the horseshoe? Seems like the verticals marks are overkill. Thanks
I like horseshoe retcles, but at 1x from the pic is not really usable, I like how the new Eotech 1-10 used a biggger ring at 1x that is usable from the pics and disappears at 10x to use the cross hairs. I realize you can’t make everyone happy and that scopes are geared towards a market.

I like horseshoe retcles, but at 1x from the pic is not really usable, I like how the new Eotech 1-10 used a biggger ring at 1x that is usable from the pics and disappears at 10x to use the cross hairs. I realize you can’t make everyone happy and that scopes are geared towards a market.
I don’t mind the horseshoe as long as it gives a good dot on 1x (I think it’s a great way to make a bright reticle) but it’s the lines on the left and right if the horseshoe I don’t understand

The new 1-8x looks awesome (on paper). Eager to see how it compares to the Nightforce NX8 1-8x, which I really like.

And... WHY oh WHY is the 1-10x a SFP?!?
WAIT….WHAT!!!??? The GLX 1-10 is SFP?
That’s a a massive error on PA
Just took that scope off my want list.
🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Biscuits
I don’t mind the horseshoe as long as it gives a good dot on 1x (I think it’s a great way to make a bright reticle) but it’s the lines on the left and right if the horseshoe I don’t understand

Not sure if it’s the lines your talking about, but those verticals on the left and right are ranging “height” markers

Did we ever get an expected release date for the GLX?
Yes and to clear up some things shown above. The made in Japan GLx FFP 1-10X will be available May-June.
The outside bars give you a duplex like reticle at 1X

Some of the confusion could be that we do and a new SFP SLx 1-10 out of China that will be a much lower price that is coming around the same time. .

@marsh1 don't think I've seen anyone ask if there's an auto shutoff/shake awake tech. If you've already answered this I apologize, I only skimmed back through the thread.

BDC are slower less intuitive and just plain stupid outside of the examples I already gave.

Who the fuck wants to know that 1 means 143 yards 2 means 185 yards 3 means 264 yards 4 means 381 and 5 means 675. Your buddy who is spotting tells you are off 1.5mils. Sorry bubba how many mils is in each "BDC" unit? Oh your 6.5cm requires 7.5 mils at 1K. How many BDC's is that?

There is a reason we use Mils (and even Moa for the boomers). Its a universal measurement that we all speak.

You aren't noticing 4 oz on a fully kitted carbine/rifle. As someone who has humped hundreds of miles with one, its negligible. Maybe lift some weights or something.

1-6FFP is 95% as effective as a 1-10. The extra 4 on the top aren't as useful as your think, especially since you have no parallax adjustment. The LOW brands stopped making the 1-6FFP because they were mostly dogshit. They were not daylight bright, they had terrible reticles and abysmal eyeboxes. Eotech which is a Jappense OEM has a 1-6 that is a superior design. Now they have a 1-10.
Pretty sure LOW makes the EoTech scopes.

@marsh1 don't think I've seen anyone ask if there's an auto shutoff/shake awake tech. If you've already answered this I apologize, I only skimmed back through the thread.
The catalog screen shots at the top of this page show a shake awake feature. It's partially cut-off, but it looks like these have it (as a first for the PLX line).

On the GLx 1-10, I've seen some photos of it with an unmarked elevation turret and I've seen photos with numbers on the turret?

Pretty sure LOW makes the EoTech scopes.
As best I can tell, LOW makes LPVOs for:
- Vortex Razor
- Athlon Cronus
- Trijicon
- Eotech
- Sig
- Sightmark Pinnacle
- Primary Arms (duh...)
- Delta Stryker
- GPO
- SWFA
- Tract
- Bushnell Elite (discontinued)
- Burris XTR2 (discontinued)

It should be noted, there's a good amount of variation in the optical and turret designs.

Edit: But, the optical formulas are common between some of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: adavis1138

Is this the new PLx 1-8? I really like that through the scope shot at the beginning. Looks good and the reticle seems very easy to pick up at 1x.

Reactions: rauchman
Hello, are you the same user who used to post here as CrabsAndFootball (or some other combination of capitals in that handle)?

Genuine question, and nothing implied.
My thoughts exactly. CrabsAndFootball was/is something else!

I reread quickly but didn't see anything about it.

Side focus? Not really needed for daytime but really nice for use with clip ons...

Forgot to add: the new PLxC that is sitting in front of me has the "METERS" version of the BDC reticle. I measured it on the collimator. It seems to make sense to me. For personal use I prefer mrad, but I would guess that well more than half of the LPVOs sell with BDC reticles, so this is probably the one that is relevant to most people.

ILya

How is the PLxC's weight compared to a red dot and magnifier combo?

How is the PLxC's weight compared to a red dot and magnifier combo?
Provided a T2, Primary Arms new 3x magnifier, and Scalarworks mounts, the red dot/magnifier combo would be ~12.92 ounces.

The new PLx 1-8x with Scalarworks mount would be ~22.43oz.

A hair over half a pound difference.

I’m not trying to cherry pick anything, just picking the setup I’d probably do if I did one of these two right now.

Reactions: NewType1 and JDB55
Do we have an exact date for the drop or the pre order? I don't want to miss out.
The yard BDC reticle version is already available for pre-order. But not the mil or meters BDC yet.

I think I saw PA mention on ARFCOM that it will be another couple months for the mil and meters BDC versions.

Yeah, looks like they're trying to offload their old 1-8 PLX's for $1299 and they're taking preorders on the new ones for next quarter.

Yeah, looks like they're trying to offload their old 1-8 PLX's for $1299 and they're taking preorders on the new ones for next quarter.
1299 had always been the price for the PLX 1-8.

A couple years ago they were "offloading" their older style reticle models for 950. If that were the price for those now, then yeah, I would say they are offloading them.

Reactions: Bakwa
I'm ready for the reviews to start rolling in soon! Excited to see people's thoughts on this

1299 had always been the price for the PLX 1-8.

A couple years ago they were "offloading" their older style reticle models for 950. If that were the price for those now, then yeah, I would say they are offloading them.
PA also has some juicy blem/open box sales that stack with the mil discount. I got my PLx 1-8 as an open box for $860 out the door with tax/shipping. If the same sales apply, getting this new PLxC for ~$1k could be a steal.

I haven't tried shooting in the snow with it.

I guess that must be a lot worse than the noon Texas summer sun on light coloured dirt all around you which is what I've tried mine with.

So now I'm curious, what scopes actually have this level of extreme illumination for the reticle?

I have a PLX 1-8x raptor m2 and a GLX 6-24X with athena reticle. I have shot both in the snow, the deserts and badlands in california, as well as south Texas in the middle of summer, and never had any issues with illumination not being bright enough. When I do use the illumination (often times I don't because I can see the reticle fine) i don't go any higher than setting 7 out of 9, and usually use setting 6 on my PLX.
When I use illumination on my GLX, setting 8 out of 10 is plenty bright.
I've peaked through quite a few scopes and from what I've seen, at least Primary Arms PLX and GLX lines, they have great illumination compared to even the more expensive scopes out there even!
Pretty confident that the person asking if they're bright enough either A) hasn't looked through a PLX or GLX tier scope illuminated, B) the scope he looked through had low batteries,, or C) is comparing it to a Primary Arms budget scope he used or looked through one time
The PLX gets a bit brighter than the GLX, but both have fantastic lighting! I really like my PLX on my AR15, at 1x it's like using a red dot (usually use setting 7 when using like red dot) Both scopes are very clear and the GLX tracks perfectly.

For the meters version, how come the veritcal and horizontal line are further away from the horseshoe?
It was the reticle we put in the first prototypes for testing. Some of the feedback from T&E was would be nice to add the bar. Because the reticle factory has long lead times and the meter reticles were already slated for production we didn't want add to the lead time by making a change.