• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New production Remington ammo

jcmullis2

Don’t run you’ll only die tired
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 12, 2020
    USA
    Has anyone tried the new production remington core lok ammo? I looks like the old stuff but something seems different.

Attachments

• 10B1F160-5B18-4214-85D6-9B5D57FC7B18.png
      10B1F160-5B18-4214-85D6-9B5D57FC7B18.png
      432.8 KB · Views: 67
    It couldn't be any worse than the old stuff.

Only times I've ever found primers in backwards and sideways was Remington 223 55grn ammo.

I remember they were around $7 for a box and were what you bought if nothing else was available. People only bought it because it was cheap. Federal must plan to finish off Remington ammo once and for all. They might be pricing Remington ammo high to justify the price of the ammunition they make under the federal name. Whatever the reason I don’t see them selling much of it.

Bought a box of 165 grain Core Lokt at the local Sports Authority last week and fired three rounds through my 30-06 at 100 yds. ... average velocity 2893....ES was pretty bad at 75 but the group measured .326 center to center. Retail price was less than $25 a box. Pretty darn good i'd say.

Bought a box of 165 grain Core Lokt at the local Sports Authority last week and fired three rounds through my 30-06 at 100 yds. ... average velocity 2893....ES was pretty bad at 75 but the group measured .326 center to center. Retail price was less than $25 a box. Pretty darn good i'd say.
    I posted this because the difference in the price from before the bankruptcy sale. I hope the ammo is better now that federal is running it. The old core lok 55gn psp 22-250 shot sub moa but not .3s. I might try a box before I criticize their prices

Reactions: Graywolf.260