• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision New Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50/XQ38/XQ50 Thermal Riflescopes

Night Vision Viking

Distance & Darkness is an illusion
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2020
Europe
www.youtube.com
There's a new Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50/XQ38/XQ50 out today.

Thermion 2 XP50 has a thermal imaging sensor from Lynred USA with <25 mK thermal sensitivity and 640×480 pixels resolution (17 µm pixel pitch). There is also a newly-developed fast aperture objective lens with F1.0 from pure germanium, and of course the latest image processing software to match the new improved components.

I've sold my Trail 2 XP50 LRF to upgrade with this one, hope to get it soon.

I got mine on Saturday of all days, didn't know the post office worked then!

Unfortunately the local hoods were empty apart from birds. Sun was out which may have helped but wow. I have a few reference spots for thermals, a house at 160 meters for instance and this is the best image I've seen apart from the Krypton.

I'm in EU but from what I've heard these are coming to the US very soon as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDBguy95
Do you have an opinion on how much better the image is than on the 1?

Not yet. I gave mine to my friend Mr. master hunter a few hours ago who is going to do some side by side. He may have the Leicas there as well, but the Leica Sight clip-on should be no match for the new Thermion 2.

I imagine it should be better t much better, but I fear that the difference may not show in videos once the algoriths have done their job messing the quality up.

Reactions: BlackRifle