• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New rail for my NXS

7GRT

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2013
Staffordshire , UK
One of my rifles which is mainly used at night , on and off the back of a pickup and in and out of a Drag bag not to mention bounced around at times over rough ground . So losing zero always plays on my mind and it has bugged me that i could never get the scope rings as far apart as possible due to the design of most rails for my Remington .
I found a US company called EGW who do a rail that works great with a little modification that i hadn't allowed for to my Badger max 50's .

This new rail allows me to work on the basis that overkill mounts as far apart as the scopes main tube will allow equals more peace of mind. Modification was to the mount that sits over the bolt as when the bolt was lifted it just caught but not enough to stop it being chambered but enough to get on your nerves. Both rings altered to match and re-blacked ( Not that i suffer with OCD or anything )

Sometimes when changing one thing for the better you create another problem that then seems to domino to another . The EGW rail was not as high as the Ken Farrell rail it replaced so i couldn't get the Bulter Creek cap on the scope without butchering it so i found that a 62mm camera step down ring will screw straight into a 56mm NXS . Buy using a smaller diameter sunshade and turning it down to the length of the inside of the cap it fitted with the external diameter of the Butler being the same as the scopes objective .

In my case i used a 62mm to 55mm step down ring .

I have always wished that NF would bring out caps like Leupold's Alumina magnetic type as they are head & shoulders above any others , I know this has been covered before but to anyone that isn't aware you can fit these Leupold covers to your 50mm NXS's as i have done here .

WORD OF WARNING ... I found that the Alumina flip up would screw into the 50mm objective but not when the NF's sunshade was fitted so if you need a shade then you will need to buy a standard Leupold 50mm sunshade as i did . ( There is a very tiny difference in NXS objective compared to the Leupold sunshade's diameter )

Hope this helps .