• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rant - worthless employees!

MikeeBooshay

Recoil Sponge
Minuteman
Aug 31, 2009
Houston TX and Hackberry LA
Opened a new facility this month. Hired three different employees, one took his drug test, was "headed right over to start", never showed up.

Next guy, worked 3 1/2 days, no show after that, terminated him - HE FILED FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS!!!!! Major Sucker of Cock as far as I see!

One last guy, hired thru an agency, worked five or six days, went home early never came back. Won't answer his phone, wife (emergency contact) won't answer hers either.

These aren't cheap labor jobs either. Funny thing is, the high school kid we hired for the summer has outlasted all of them.

I am of the opinion, that between unemployment benefits, food stamps, Section 8 housing, Medicaid, AFDC, WIC and EIC, these folks can't afford to take a job unless it pays $100k plus a year.

This is Bullshit of the highest degree.

Oh,.... and the smart young engineer I was hiring from one of our vendors, turned his notice in to present employer, they begged him to stay and gave him $20K raise to stay, won't be coming after all.

RANT OVER!!!!

I b'live I'll go to the ranch this weekend and get cozy wit a bottle of Scotlands finest.

Re: New Rant - worthless employees!

Sorry to disappoint but we buried my Gran this past March. We had her headstone engraved with "Scotlands Finest".

I hear you on the worthless employees though. It seems that everybody now is looking for a handout. I don't blame the guy for taking the $20,000 raise to stay where he is. I'd stay too, especially if the organization that I was working for thought that much of me. The others though... well they're just dirtbags.

Dude lot of good peeps on here might be looking for a job. Not everyone is looking for Government hand outs.

pretty sure you have to get laid off to collect unemployment...
what kind of business is it?

Shit like this irritates me. Especially since Ill be coming off a deployment here soon and will have to find a job. And its a pain in the ass.

And THIS is the reason I fucking HATE unions! I work for the United Steel Workers union and it pisses me off to no end to see guys who are making nearly double my hourly wage just show up whenever they want and nothing happen to them. I'm talking about coming in 1-3 hours late without so much as calling the supervisor to give notification. There's also a few that I've seen miss more work than I can count, yet they still have their job. There are many employees who just dick around all day, getting nothing accomplished, and they still have their job.

I've been taught to give an honest, hard days work no matter what it is you're doing. Therefore, when I see all the shit people are allowed to get by with and keep their job, it pisses me off in the worst of ways because there are people in bad need of a job when these c*cksuckers are allowed to do whatever they choose and still have a job waiting for them.

I started a high tech company in the mid 80's. Sold it in the mid 90's. All-in-all it was a great experience, but I haven't done it again because of all the employee issues. The stories I can tell.

I know a guy who used to have a remodeling business. He said he learned to hire retired guys to work for him. He said they couldn't work as hard as a young guy but he could count on them to show up on time every day and stay til they were done for the day.

I've been self employeed for 20 plus years, have 50 to 60 employees all the time. I've seen it all, some turn out ok, but you can pretty well bet,(of those that pass the drug screen)most will self destruct after 60 days. Then of course milk the system for two years! Tell Kevin I said hey! If I lived closer I'd join you! Think you might get part of that hurricane down there this weekend, have fun!

I wish you were in Jersey, I'd be right over! Even at 62 I'm not afraid to put in a good honest days work. The only drugs I have in my system are for asthma.

Maxwell

I too am interested in what type of business this is, Mikee.

This is because the underlying comments that you've made about that new-hire being offered an extra 20g to stay. So we're not dealing with a standard labour type position. There's some training, certification, and professionalism involved.

So that just makes the plot thicker. And up here in Canada, I don't hear stories like this near so much, nor near so severe. You're right (I'm thinking, anyways) on the handouts being a root cause.

Help up is one thing, whereas 'dependency' is another.

One of the oil lease operators back at the ranch I used to run got laid off. I talked to him a little while ago and he still hadn't found a new job. Said he gets paid more on unemployment than he did actually working.

I work full time and haven't had a paycheck in over a year. I have to tell you, pricks like these knob slurpers make me sick. I don't understand how anyone can want to take handouts all their lives and not put in an honest day's work for honest pay.

Just trying to think outside the box here. Have you tried to find out why they quit? Could be something other than lazy people. Could be working conditions or other issues. Just something to consider. Three in a row might be a clue.

My wife in in the restaurant business which is seasonal here. Every spring she hires twice as many employees as she needs. Some will never show, others will work from one day to as much as a week and the others will get tanked.

She once called a guy who said he had to quit because his car wouldn't start.
confused.gif

The scary part is some of these people vote.

Employees are like girlfriends bro.

The common denomenator in all of them is who? Hiring manager?

I hate to say it, but when I got laid off I had to turn down a $25 an hour job, A) Because I was in school full time, B) Because UE paid more, and C) because if I was going to quit school they damn well better pay me...

I held out for an 80k a year job. But I'm no entry level IT security guy.

Your best bet is to get on LinkdIN and network to find some people if you want quality people, monster.com for resumes etc...

When I came home from Iraq I went on unemployment while I finished up my degree. Once I graduated I went out and got a job with Brinks as a messenger. I figured it out that I made more on unemployment than I did after taxes for 40 hours of work at Brinks, but most weeks I worked closer to 60 hours a week and I still gave the job my best. They begged me not to leave when I moved out to CA, said I was one of the best employees, only called in once in the 6 months I worked there, and that was because I jacked up my elbow the day before on the job.

I have hired many vets, by far they have demonstrated better work ethics, self discipline and smiles than the average "other guys". Definately more of a mission focus type of mind set. Most of the other guys couldn't figure out what it was they did that helps us make money.

The guy that stayed at his old job, God Bless him. He was in the right place at the right time with the right skills and attitude. I am glad to see him rewarded for it, I could not match the package they gave him. He still is my customer service guy at that place, and will continue to do right by us in the future.

The other "no-shows", well, I'll find someone that works, probably from in our industry, since apparently resumes and agency's are not the best way of measuring "want to". Yes it is hot in the warehouse, BFD, I am out there a lot too plus on site at the customer's plant. Sooner you get the hot work done, you can catch up on the paperwork in the office AC. Funny thing is, the high school kid has been the most consistent hand we have out there! Don't tell me you can't handle it when a kid can....

My wife owned a restaurant for a couple years, we used to joke that if she drug tested, she would have to work by herself! The stuff that happened there, would fill a book, sad to say.