• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Recce style build complete....

Longbow_06

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 14, 2005
GA-USA
I've been interested in completing a Recce style build for some time and finaly got around to working on one.
This has been completed for a few weeks, but I haven't had chance to get out onto the range until this morning.
Build is as follows...
Lower is a complete S&W M&P 15
LMT SOPMOD stock
RRA two stage trigger
BCM upper
Stainless 16" 1/8 twist middy BBL
LaRue 12" free float rail
Daniel Defence M16 bolt carrier group
BCM Gunfighter v3 charging handle
Scope is Leupold 1.5-5x20 illuminated VX-3. 30mm tube on Leupold 30mm Mk4 High rings.
Lee4-13-12001.jpg

Off to the range I went and completed an innitial zero for 50 yards befor moving out to 100 yards for fine-tuning.
Lee4-13-12006.jpg

I moved out to 300 yards to confirm windage and insure that everything was running right.
Lee4-13-12007.jpg

All ammo was Blackhills 69 grain remanufactured match and no issues developed over the 60 rounds used.
Over all it seems like it's going to be a good little platform.
Lee4-13-12009.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

Lee.

Re: New Recce style build complete....

Nice.....I love the Leupolds...the VX3 is an under rated scope!!! Good luck with the weapon

very nice! plans on back up irons for this girl?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: benson2255</div><div class="ubbcode-body">very nice! plans on back up irons for this girl?
</div></div>

I'll probably swap out the Leupold rings for LaRue mount in order to add BUIS at some point.

Lee.