• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New recruit from ohio

Jnicks22

Private
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2013
Ohio
Hey guys, wanna start off by saying its a pleasure to be here and so far I'm loving this forum. It's seems like a community that I will for ever enjoy. My name is Josh and I've been into scoped rifle shooting for 22 years. Got started when I was 4 and plan to progress my skills with every passing year. I'm still new to much of what I come across on this site such as glass bedding and some of the advanced optics and lingo. Typically I'm just a varmi hunter who enjoys tacti-cool target shooting. Currently I'm working on a new rifle build on the savage 11 platform in .308, she has a ways to go until I'm done but this far I'm very happy with how she allows me to opperate her. Looking forward to spending more time both here and behind my weapon! God bless!

Welcome to the Hide, what part of Ohio you from. We live down near St. Clairsville and shoot at Rayners Range near Cambridge/Zanesville. Rayner's Range Another range is Thunder Valley just north of Cambridge near Kimbolton. Thunder Valley Precision » Specialized long range shooting facility

Rayners has steel plates from 234 yards to 1000 yards and shoot the 4th weekend of each month. Thunder Valley has targets out to and beyond 1 mile and has something going on nearly every weekend.

We also like the Savages, they are starting to take over the safe and have the others worried.

Topstrap

topstrap beat me to it. open range day at thunder valley precision this weekend march 30th. if you are close stop on in and introduce yourself. everyone there would be glad to answer any and all of your questions. and if you are there, look for the guy with the big blue savage 110 you cant miss it. thats me, id be happy to let you on the gun for a bit.

cheers and welcome to the hide!!

Thanks guys! My schedule flip flops every three weeks so I work the next two weekends but as soon as I have a Saturday off I'd love to come down there and put some rounds down range with you guys! I live in the marion area. We own a Christmas tree farm in a small village out side of town so 99% of my shooting takes place there in my woods and the farmer next door is kind enough to let me use his field to stretch out a bit. I have a couple set up from 75 to a little over 300 yards at the time and would love to go out past that. I've got a bit more room but due to a road on the other side of the woods in that area I don't wanna push my luck. I thought about a 700 when I this last rifle but my model 10 has been great and I didn't want to bear away from what's been working for me so well. Again, thanks for the warm welcome to the hide and I'm looking forward to making it down there

Thanks for the welcoming! Got a Q already. How do I set a profile picture? I've been messing with it for awhile now and just can't seem to figure it out o_O

Thanks for the welcoming! Got a Q already. How do I set a profile picture? I've been messing with it for awhile now and just can't seem to figure it out o_O

Go to Settings, then down the left side it'll say edit profile picture. If you want a custom one you have to have it hosted somewhere. I use Imageshack ( ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting ) and have had really good luck with it for all my picture hosting. You may have to resize it for use on here.

Topstrap

Thanks! I was looked everywhere but there. It gave me the option to use a pic from my phone so all in all super easy! Thanks again!