• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New RemArms 700’s seem good to go.

Jmccracken1214

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 10, 2018
    Thomasville, NC
    I have 2, one in 223 and one in 6.5CM.
    The 223 will easily put 10 rounds of factory berger 77 in .75” at 100.
    Bolts are pretty smooth in both.
    Took my new 6.5 out today and this is what she did with handloads.
    IMG_6354.jpeg

Left to right, loads are h4350, 140 eld at 2.8”
    41.7- top is cold bore shot. .55” with CB shot
    41.9 .88”
    42.1 .48”
    Bottom left is 42.3, 1.18” with the flyer. .57” without
    had very consistent #’s but mirage off my can/barrel in 28 degrees was killing my vision.

The center group was just getting sighted in.

I’m pretty happy with this Remington out of the box pulling groups like that.

How is primary extraction on them?
    I haven’t had issues with the 223, I had my 6.5 bushed and not sure if it’s the cold or what, what I had 2 cases today drop in the chamber and not thrown out. Not sure what’s up with that.
    I do like the bolt handle that Remington put on this.
    It came in a magpul hunter, sold it and I have $850 in the barreled action. I’ll take this shooting for that price all day long.
    IMG_6357.jpeg

Oh, I do like that new bolt handle.
    Not all of them have it for some reason. In this year, remington should have long done away with the old classic one.

My 223 varmint remarms came with the old handle, i sent it to LRI for their bolt knob. But this new remington one is pretty sweet.

Sorry you can't extract...kettle bell swings might help

Comment stands
    When I lift the bolt handle all the way, it doesn't even cam the firing pin back far enough to catch on the trigger. So if I lift the bolt handle all the way, then turn it back down the firing pin drops back down.

That is bad.

I never said I couldn't extract rounds, just that primary extraction and timing are bad.

Reactions: Holliday
    I haven’t had issues with the 223, I had my 6.5 bushed and not sure if it’s the cold or what, what I had 2 cases today drop in the chamber and not thrown out. Not sure what’s up with that.
    I do like the bolt handle that Remington put on this.
    It came in a magpul hunter, sold it and I have $850 in the barreled action. I’ll take this shooting for that price all day long.
    View attachment 8340709
    Sometimes some stuff gets stuck under the extractor and and can stick and not grab the rim. Usually PE isn't going to be noticed until you have an overpressure case or your brass starts getting a little big for the chamber. Then it can get really hard to pull the bolt back to extract a round because the PE cam didn't unstuck case.

Oh, I do like that new bolt handle.
    It's not new, they've been doing it since the Magpul edition rifles back before the final shutdown. I have a 2016 200th Anniversary Magpul Edition 5R .260 Rem. It was a tactical model that came with a threaded 22" 5R 1:8 twist bull barrel, in a Magpul Hunter stock, and it came with that same threaded and oversize tactical bolt knob on it. It also is a hammer like his 6.5CM. Remington really figured out the 5R barrels a while back. They all shoot extremely well, even if the actions were not as refined as they are now...Which has been a much-needed improvement for the last several decades.

I will say this, the action on my .260 (that I mentioned above) came lapped and has been smooth as glass since I pulled it out of the box. That whole rifle just feels and shoots like it was built "right". Like an old Rem CS 700 from back in the day, when Remington actually gave a fuck about what they let out of the factory.

It's been highly modded up since then, but here's how she currently looks. Still has the same factory tactical bolt knob on it. I've just been too lazy to swap it out, plus it feels fine in the hand. 🤷🏼

IMG_1288.jpeg

Reactions: AMAC79
    My stainless RR prefix 5R from just before they went under is phenomenal. But I apparently got lucky.
    I can't remember the prefix for my 10th Anniversary 5R Milspec (Gen1) .308 Win, but it's a damn shooter. I do know my Gen1 5R Milspec 26" .300WM is an RR prefix, and it's a fucking tack driver, too.

.308 Win - 24 shot group (no breaks, hot lap)...Had I not pulled the last shot trying to shoot-out all the orange, it would have been sub-MOA.

ANOC0722.jpg

.300WM

IMG_9601.jpeg

Ballistic-X-Export-2023-05-29 18:17:50.573659.jpeg

Reactions: Belvedere
    Good to hear the new reports. I figured they'd have to come out swinging to get some of the market share back.

Reactions: Stevo86
    Still waiting on that new 700 alpha one to come out in 30-06( I know… im a fudd)!

Reactions: TheBigCountry
    When I lift the bolt handle all the way, it doesn't even cam the firing pin back far enough to catch on the trigger. So if I lift the bolt handle all the way, then turn it back down the firing pin drops back down.

That is bad.

I never said I couldn't extract rounds, just that primary extraction and timing are bad.

Thats what my RR was like. It’s at LRI now.

I was fortunate to see one of the new BDL's. As nicely put together as the very old models. If it shoots half as good as it looks, they may be on the road back. Just hope its not too late.

Reactions: sinister and FuhQ
    Even though mine shoots well, I think I’m going to pull the barrel and put a 6GT on it in the coming months. I thought about selling the factory barrel but it shoots so good I might as well keep it for the little money it would probably bring.

Ive handled a few of the newer RAR series actions. Fit and finish is a definite step up over the prebankruptcy RR series.i have a new 308 that i havnt gotten around to shooting but primary extraction does seem improved