• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Remington AAC, is the Wyatt's metal good?

remi308

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2011
Roseville, Ca
Just picked up a new Remington 700 AAC, TPS low 30mm rings and TPS 20 moa steel base. Bell Carlson A2 stock and wondering if the wyatt's bottom metal is worth it? Anyone have good reports?

Re: New Remington AAC, is the Wyatt's metal good?

I had the Wyatt's on a Medalist. Worked fine but the mags are an absolute pain. The follower "hinges" during round insertion and is stiff overall. One tends to break fingernails, gets annoying small cuts and wastes time (they are slow to load). No comparison to the AICS mags I was using on my other setups.

The Medalist is now a Manners with chassis and AICS mag (like my other bolt guns). Much better. I'd suggest you look for a setup which is comparable with AICS (Badger, etc). Think you'll be much happier.

Best of luck

Tag for more responses.

I have ran some Wyatts and liked them. Never had any problems. That being said I would pick CDI over Wyatts for the simple fact you can use AICS mags.

Are you looking at any others or focusing on Wyatt's. I have heard great things about them, and never anything too bad.

For the price it does what it is supposed to do, with that said I will be replacing mine in my B&C A2 with a badger or a RAD TAC (which I don't know anything much about, but seems as if it would be an upgrade) for $265, it may be money better spent.
http://www.rdprecision.net/parts2.html

I would say Pass on the wyatts, Save a litle extra cash and be ahead in the end( only about 100 difference with inletting for an ai style) go with anyone of the ai mag compatible systems.
CDI, Hooper, Badger, Seekins,or others.

Mags are easier to use, readily available, shorter ( prone shooting) and if you ever were to sell it will be easier to get your money back.
If comp is not your thing I suggest sticking with a bdl style guard, from PTG, Williams, or Badger ( the PTg is a drop in, others will rewuire inletting)

Good luck, would like to see pics when completed

The Rad Tac looks beautiful, I'm basically just looking at the wyatt's because it's a drop in for the BC A2. I mainly want something reliable, every 700 I have had has problems with feeding in fast follow up situations. I'll check out everything suggested so far.

Thanks.

I had a Wyatts for awhile on my SPS Tactical in an LTR stock, it worked great in that set up, very little wobble, rounds stripped well. I then picked up a new AAC SD and I put it into a PST093 HS Precision stock, and then came issues. Some mags would seat all the way to lock, and other would not. Maybe it was an issue with the HS Precision stock and maybe you will be fine with the B and C.

I have since moved onto AICS mag systems, and the quality, while not bad on the Wyatts, is much much better. There is a reason the AICS mags have become the standard.

I had a Wyatt, and sent it back. It functioned, but the fit just didnt wow me, and the mags were kinda flimsy. just my opinion, some folks seem to like em.