• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD New Remington Custom Shop 40-X 6mm Creedmoor

psdan000

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2010
Ohio
I purchased this beautiful rifle from a local friend who bought it on another forum. From what I know, this rifle was built in the Remington custom shop by the guy who ran the custom shop for himself. It also had some work done at LRI. This rifle is new/unfired. 40-X repeater action trued, Chanlynn 24" barrel 1-8 twist MTU barrel, Timney two stage trigger, McMillan HTG stock beautifully bedded, Badger M5 DBM, Mack Bros gen 1 break, badger rail, M16 extractor and dual ejectors, beautiful black cerakote. Weight is 10lbs. I can text or email more pictures, this is what I have for now. This is a one of a kind rifle, probably the nicest custom rifle I've put my hands on. I'd love to keep it, but I have bad habits of buying things I don't need. Unfortunately I need to move this along to a new home. I have 80 rounds of factory ammo I will offer for sale separately to the buyer. Asking $2800 shipped, this will be pricey to ship so insurance is on the buyer. Any questions feel free to ask. I have this cross posted. I have plenty of feedback I can share from other forums as well. Thanks for looking!
Remington-Custom-Shop-40-X-Repeater-6mm-Creedmoor_101567864_113_C78D7E0E7043E5DB
Remington-Custom-Shop-40-X-Repeater-6mm-Creedmoor_101567864_113_F9E7C036AB0EFB6E
Remington-Custom-Shop-40-X-Repeater-6mm-Creedmoor_101567864_113_4D5DFD2464FC8C17
IMG_9193
IMG_9194
IMG_9195
IMG_9196
IMG_9197
IMG_9013

Would you be at all interested in a trade? I might want that rifle back.

Reactions: psdan000
Bump for a great guy, Dan and I have bought and sold things to each other for years. You will not find a better dude to deal with. I sometimes think I should have kept the rifle.

Sometimes I think I should have shot it a few times after I built it, instead it was just a safe queen. 🥴

You could still shoot it 😃...won’t be for sale too much longer unfired, I’ve got some ammo and with the weather breaking I’m itching to scope it and take it out!

I can say that the stuff that came out of the custom shop in that era was top notch and this rifle should be no different. @LongRifles Inc. could probably tell you more on this one. Someone will be getting a great rifle here. I have to resist however! GLWS

I can say that the stuff that came out of the custom shop in that era was top notch and this rifle should be no different. @LongRifles Inc. could probably tell you more on this one. Someone will be getting a great rifle here. I have to resist however! GLWS

These rifles were built by a gent named Garrett Caldwell. Garrett is a close friend and worked for me for the better part of 5 years. 3 at Nesika and 2 here at LRI. He was offered my old job after the merger between Remington and Dakota Arms/Nesika/Miller. He was there up and till the very end when they finally closed up shop back in Dec. for good. He now runs the new custom house being spun up by Nosler.

The action on this rifle was blueprinted here at LRI on our 5 axis machine. We took over all the machine work on receivers, camo pattern stock paint, and barrel fluting for the RCS starting in 2018. I actually still have product here that belongs to them. (soon as their ##### figure bill gets paid they can have the stuff back) -stand by for a fire sale someday if they don't. :)

C.

These rifles were built by a gent named Garrett Caldwell. Garrett is a close friend and worked for me for the better part of 5 years. 3 at Nesika and 2 here at LRI. He was offered my old job after the merger between Remington and Dakota Arms/Nesika/Miller. He was there up and till the very end when they finally closed up shop back in Dec. for good. He now runs the new custom house being spun up by Nosler.

The action on this rifle was blueprinted here at LRI on our 5 axis machine. We took over all the machine work on receivers, camo pattern stock paint, and barrel fluting for the RCS starting in 2018. I actually still have product here that belongs to them. (soon as their ##### figure bill gets paid they can have the stuff back) -stand by for a fire sale someday if they don't. :)

C.

That will be a quick sale if it were to take place

C.
Thank you @LongRifles Inc.

I knew you would have insight in these custom shop beauties! Just as info did you have anything to do with the 2016 custom shop rifles?

Thank you @LongRifles Inc.

I knew you would have insight in these custom shop beauties! Just as info did you have anything to do with the 2016 custom shop rifles?

No. That was around the time that Remmy moved the effort from NY to SD. The union guys were pissed about it and they made a huge mess for Garrett to sort through. Nothing was itemized or sorted as it was supposed to be. They just threw shit in a box. He had almost a full year invested in just unpacking and organizing the inventory. It was literally 4x4x4 packing crates just filled to the brim with every conceivable part the RCS ever worked on or built.

Shit sammich...

Had a few PM's in regards to trades. Here are a few of my trade interests:
- HK USP Expert in 9mm
- M24 actions or complete rifles
- M40A1 clones
- MK12 rifles of any variety
- GAP-10
- Larue OBR
- HK stuff
- KAC stuff
- Other custom bolt actions in "varmint" calibers (.17 cal centerfires, .20 cal centerfires, .22-250, etc.)
- Maybe some nice optics

Last edited: