• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle #2, first target added.

Mgordon

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2007
Wellington, Ohio
www.shortactioncustoms.com
This next rifle was a Blueprinted Remington 700 from Bruno's. The barrel is a Bartlein .224 chambered in a 22-250 AI with a 1-14" finished off at 26" with a heavy crown. The Stock is a older 40X that I had to remove old bedding and rebed and finish. It was pillar bedded and glassed in with Devcon. The barreled action was Cerakoted Sniper Grey. It should be a nice shooter!!

DSC03728.jpg

DSC03727.jpg

DSC03723.jpg

DSC03720.jpg

DSC03719.jpg

DSC03718.jpg

DSC03658-1.jpg

DSC03652-1.jpg

DSC03652-1.jpg

2-15.jpg

Re: New rifle #2

copycat...

more like great minds think alike...wish i still had mine, after i got a 40x .22 i figured there was no point in having essentially 2 of the same gun.

did it come with BDL inlet? pretty slick, and im very jealous.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">copycat...

more like great minds think alike...wish i still had mine, after i got a 40x .22 i figured there was no point in having essentially 2 of the same gun.

did it come with BDL inlet? pretty slick, and im very jealous. </div></div>

Yeah, its a BDL inlet. Wow, i never thought I would find another one like this, but I see there are a few. Actually, the guy I built it for requested all the specs. I'm pretty happy with the way it worked out. I was not sure how the Sniper Grey and the wooden stock would turn out. I had to do quite a lot of barrel channeling to get this extra heavy barrel to look good. Overall I was happy, the only thing is the loading port on the action is actually higher than the stock. I did not relieve any of the stock, so I wonder why it is like that, I know the action is sitting low and where it should be, so that is not a problem, I wonder if most 40X stocks are like this??

I have never liked a wood stock but hey thats looks good! I wouldnt mind doing a project like that.

NICE WORK!!!!

i had a factory barrel 223 sps tac in mine, so never had to worry about the barrell.

sold the stock, trigger guard, correct length screws and single shot follower as a package on here about a year back...kicking myself, but someones given them a good home in the meantime. it was a .22 stock so it was dedicated single shot, no inlet for ADL or anything.

funny that you would use a grey color for the barrel/action too, i used duracoat parker.

Here is the picture the owner of this rifle sent me. It should be self explanatory, but the first 3 shots were dialing the scope in. The 4th and 5th shots were just to confirm the point of aim/impact. I'm assuming that the owner ran out of ammo at this point because this is the only picture he sent me. I guess he is pretty happy!

Conditions were slightly windy
Ammo was factory Hornady 55 Gr V-Max
Distance was 100 yards bench.

Cleaned barrel

One shot and clean for these 5 rounds.

BarrelBreak-In.jpg

i cant remember to be honest, a full res picture looks like its fitting like a glove.
guess QC is a little harder on wood stocks?