• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new rifle 338 lapua

Magnumslice

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2012
GA
ordered me a savage 111 LRH 338 lapua. went through budsgunshop because it was 979$ everyone else was around 1100$ ish. first rifle purchase offline been easy so far . put in zip code select ffl and done . hope my order goes from pending to shipped tomorrow .
will put pictures up next week. after i shoot it for awhile like is what i plan on doing is

28" probably or 33" who knows perhaps a straight taper ? any cons to that ? not weight wise i mean. and a manners t3 stock with vias muzzle brake . want to do the stock in gen1 mossyoak bottomland . pattern has always worked for me .
thats all down the road though

optic wise im going with a 20x42ss on dnz tactical 1 piece rail .

what im really look forward to is the 300gr accubond and getting some RMB 325gr loaded up

Re: new rifle 338 lapua

congrats and good luck.

Post some picks when you have it all setup and shooting.

28.25 is what I have found to burn out my loads but the 30 will give you a little more push.... Congratz on your new adventure...

Why a Vais or Vais style brake? The bottom ports will kick crap up everywhere and you'll be wearing most of it.

Get a Holland or Muscle Brake, you'll be much happier and cleaner.

Maverick is right.
On a magnum you really dont want any ports on the bottom of the brake . It will kick up anything nearby, including small rocks. I do speak from experience .

Btw, The Muscle Brake is my favorite.