• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle and First Try at Duracoating

patches

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Wichita KS
www.smtco.biz
So after using the snipers hide search engine by google I did some research on duracoat and decided to give it a try for myself on a new rifle. I purchased everything from Midway and even got $10 off of my $50 purchase using the hide discount code. I picked up a Badger airbrush from the hobby store after reading the reviews on here about the duracoat kit. Start to finish it only took about 3.5 hours to get everything prepped, taped and painted. I must say that I am pretty happy with the results. The magpul FDE duracoat is very close to the grip and magazine, if I had to list one con, it's maybe just a shade lighter but very, very close.

The one thing that I feared was the clean-up but it was a breeze and I have a bunch of duracoat left over to do some of my friends rifles.

All in all it seems like a great product. Now that the rifle is looking good, I need to get it to the range and see how it shoots.

On a side note: I can not say enough good things about Larue Tactical. They have a customer for life with me. The customer service, product an everything else was top notch. I will no longer buy any other AR part except from them.

388655401.jpg

388655402.jpg

Thanks for looking and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Re: New Rifle and First Try at Duracoating

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First off, cool rifle and color scheme, second, any reason you didn't do the brake?

Character or sommit? </div></div>

The brake is coming off so I can run my can on it. If I decide to keep it I will probably bead blast it to match the Saber Defense barrel. Thanks for the compliment.