• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle Build

TmisterE

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Washington
I,m putting together the parts for a new build and am thinking of either a Defiance Deviant SA or Surgeon 591 action, any pros or cons for either of these actions, will be mostly a hunting rifle chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, already have a Bartlein #4 contour barrel & will be ordering a Manners EH1A stock. I already have a Deviant action on another rifle & like it a lot, any reason to switch to a Surgeon

Go with a Surgeon because you have a Defiance .Then you can see which one you like. There both great actions and companies. Good luck with your decision!!

Sounds like a nice hunter no matter which action you pick. You will like the EH1. Only suggestion I would make is trade the #4 Bartlien for a Proof CF. You will have a much lighter barrel for a hunter and the Proof drops right in and looks great in the EH1. Balance of the Proof with the EH1 is really nice.

With a similar barrel profile the weight savings on a CF wrapped barrel is about 1.2# I can not think of a single reason to spend an extra $500.00 on a barrel to save that weight, maybe I'm just old & set in my ways but not a fan of CF wrapped barrels, don't like the look, but thanks for the info.