• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle Cleaning/Speeding up

Gnan222

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2021
Kentucky
Need some I put from you guys. I’m shooting a Fierce Carbon Rival in 6.5 PRC topped with a NX8. Got it new this January and it has been shooting .5 moa with factory 143 eldx and 147 eldm, probably 140 rounds down the tube. Gave it a couple good cleanings early on but haven’t cleaned in probably 80 rounds now.
Here is my issue….the last range session it’s opened up to almost 2 moa, so I’ve heard Don’t clean until the groups open up. This seems excessive, what’s everyone’s experience with dirty barrel/groups opening up?
I’m leaving for an elk hunt in 2 days and am trying to decide if I want to do a full blown cleaning and then try to foul it again?
Or if the .5 to 2 moa is excessive do I need to look for a different issue and completely remount my scope?

Thanks!

If you have enough time and ammo before you leave then try cleaning and fouling. I don't think it could get worse.