• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Rifle for me

USMC-Johnson

Private
Minuteman
Aug 13, 2014
NE Indiana
Well guys i finally built a nice AR for myself. Its about time. There have been some revisions so far but it seems solid.

• Anderson lower (seekins billet in a few weeks)
  • CMMG Upper (seekins billet in a few weeks)
  • Proof Research carbon wrapped 18in .223 wylde with 1:8 twist
  • Samson MFG Evolution 15 hand guard
  • WMD NiB Bolt and Carrier
  • Magpul Fixed MOE Stock
  • Magpul + Grip
  • CMC Flat Match Trigger
  • Vortex PST 2.5-10x44

20jipup.jpg

2rztjde.jpg

Please feel free to critique as much as you like. As you can see that had the PST 1-4 on there to begin with which just isnt enough glass for what i want to do with this rifle. So far it seems to really like the 75gr hornaday steel match ammo which is good for me as it is cheap to shoot and functions well. I have been blown away with this trigger as well. I have shot most of the popular ones out there and for the price this is easily the best i've found. The proof research barrel has been phenomenal but hasnt been worked too hard YET. I have been dealing with the owner quite extensively and it is a great company to deal with.

Here is the grouping from 100 yds (dont worry the excuses are incoming). Its not too bad considering the optic. The center dot on the 1-4 completely covered that group plus it was blowing 20+mph while i was shooting so whether that affects me or the bullet more is TBD but lets just say it had an affect so i have a way out. Pretty happy with the build thus far though.

35i94s5.jpg