• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle = one crappy pic

DJL2

Tiger 33A
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2013
OCONUS - Land of Kimchi
There are no less than three threads in which I could post...so, the only logical thing to do was start a new one ;-). Ignore the optic setup if you can. I had exactly one spare optic in the safe...a Gen 1 Accupoint. Awesome for hunting here in GA where a "long shot" is 200 yards. I had this thing slapped together so my 6 y/o (almost 7) son would have a bolt gun that fit him close to right. He couldn't wait to get behind it and insisted we top it with something. At least the Proof really pops in this photo - great looking barrel, at least.

I'm pretty psyched to get the little guy behind this...though his form is gonna need to be tight to manage 6.5 CM w/ so little butt pad. Might be switch barrel sooner rather than later.

IMG_4362.jpg

Looks great, are you going to put a break or can on it
That's the plan. I'm waiting on a Nomad-30. I originally thought of doing the DeadAir brake. It is really handy as it is, wouldn't mind running the can direct thread. It's not light, per se - rifle should be about 7.5 lbs bare - no issue recoil wise if you're walking/stalking and want to run a bare muzzle (Dad mode).

Reactions: drgnfly_57
Yeah, that makes sense. Every little bit will help, I think.

I also "blame" all of you for this. I wouldn't even know some of this stuff was within the realm of the possible to spend stimmy/tax return dollars on without The Hide.