• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle/scope, need mount help

eastridge1213

Private
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2011
Just bought a savage axis ii precision last week. Today my USO ts-20x 2.5-20x50 came in. Now I need some quality rings/mount to mate them together. I like the idea of a one piece mount in case I ever want/need pull the scope off so I dont have to relevel it.
I’m not sure what height to order.

the gun come factory with an 20 moa base so 0 moa rings/mount should be fine.

im trying to come in $200 or less.

There is a thread at the top of the page with this exact info.

ARC is a lot of $ for that set up.

Check out the Vortex rings. I have the ones that are branded for them by Seekins. Nice stuff. Not as easy to mount as the ARC and less expensive by a good bit.

Shoot. I have a pair of Burris XTRs I will ship you for a $25 donation to the Bo Galloway Fundraiser. 😁
used a pair for years on a .308 without issue

Reactions: Biggie1976
deleted cause I think the Bo Galloway find donation is a hell of a deal

Powdahound76, I Im’d about the rings and donation. I will donate regardless. Still looking at some options.
I like the arc rings one bolt scope mounting. Seem like it would be very easy to keep level while torquing down. 50-55in seems a little high.

Reactions: powdahound76
Those Arc rings work great. .
the high clamp torque is because of the badass design.

I suggested them because under $200, I don’t think you’re going to find a better mounting solution. I’ve got a ton of Spuhr, Badger Condition Ones, and other high end scope mounts. I’m slowly getting rid of most of them and converting over to ARC M10 rings. All of my receivers have 6MIL/20MOA bases so I don’t need any additional slope, even with scopes with less vertical travel.

The rings are good quality, don’t damage scopes if installed properly (read the instructions and don’t be afraid of the torque value with anything beyond cheap airsoft trash - it’s a single bolt instead of 4-6 so the overall clamping force is on the same order), make mounting easy (scope doesn’t rotate while tightening), and once mounted they don’t go anywhere. Lighter than single piece mounts too, but if you prefer that, there’s a QD-L version.