• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle: Seekins Havak HIT

SkyScrapin

Strictly Offensive Kit
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
Dallas, TX
strictlyoffensivekit.com
Link to Jason Baney's (@jb1000br) video review:

Factory rifle geared towards production class shooters, or in my case, hunters.

Speaking to Jason at Euro Optic and watching his YouTube film, here are my chicken scratch spark notes:
  1. Interchangeable bolt heads and tool-less firing pin removal
  2. Seekin's Action, appears to be DLC'd, 90 degree
  3. Action port dust cover (huge for me - chalky dust gets all over everything on one property I hunt)
  4. Quick change barrel by way of integrated locking lug: 308w, 6gt, 6cm, 6.5cm, 6.5prc from factory
  5. Open source barrel metrics freely available on Seekin's website
  6. Takes AW and AICS mags
  7. Chassis design with LOP and Cheek Comb Height adjustment, MLOK
  8. The Pro variant comes with Arca rail, Muzzle Break, and Upgraded Trigger
  9. NV Bridge option -- not idea on ETA but this is a must for me.
  10. Comes with a bag rider
Seems like a lot of bang for buck at a little over $2k.

Euro Link: https://www.eurooptic.com/Seekins-Havak-HIT-Rifles.aspx
Seekins' Link: https://seekinsprecision.com/new-products/havak-hit.html

Does anyone have any plans to run one of these?

What say you?

Preston

I wish someone would make a lighter chassis version of these to compete with the Cristensen MPR.

I'd love to be able to hunt with the same chassis then load it down with weights to compete.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
Just a little additional information I received from my emails to customer service

Extra barrels
These will be $550, unless you order it with your rifle. then they will be $500.

When I asked about barrel/caliber changes

All versions of the HIT rifle will be able to change calibers very easily! The main difference with the Pro version will be extra accessories and an upgraded trigger. If changing between standard short action calibers (308, 6 Creedmoor, 6.5 Creedmoor) only the barrel will need to be changed. If switching to the PRC you would need a magnum bolt head ($95) and a 6.5 PRC magazine ($90). I hope this info helps and please let us know if you have any other questions

As long as it has no obvious issues I think this will be my next rifle.

I'm struggling to find a competitor to this rifle that offers like-for-like features. Seems like a no brainer, and an easy excuse for consumers who typically buy factory rifles to upgrade, to spend a little more and have a very capable system that requires no touchy touchy.

$550 for a barrel is plenty reasonable.

Sort of reminds me of it being kind of like the new C8 Corvette is to an Italian exotic, except as compared to the new red AI $6Kish thingy...

Seems like they should offer a carbon barreled version to shed weight for a primary hunting role I'd think.

The Tikka-ish lug looks a little wonky, but innovation looks strange sometimes I guess.

Reactions: moosemeat
I owned a Seekins Bravo one of the first generation and there were a couple kinks to it.

I'm glad they've straightened out the ability to use AW magazines. I remember having some feeding issues with AICS mags with the HAVAK action. I do hope they offer barrels as mentioned in this thread because it was always backordered and you had to call in to order replacements.

Is the pro or plus model going to be posted up for pre-orders?

I owned a Seekins Bravo one of the first generation and there were a couple kinks to it.

I'm glad they've straightened out the ability to use AW magazines. I remember having some feeding issues with AICS mags with the HAVAK action. I do hope they offer barrels as mentioned in this thread because it was always backordered and you had to call in to order replacements.

Is the pro or plus model going to be posted up for pre-orders?

@GenericBadGuy I'm sure Jason @ Euro Optic will take pre-orders.

Was going to wait for the full meal deal ATX with folder and PRC bolt, but I'm thinking this may be the better option. The dust cover is a very handy feature for where I hunt, and the chalky like dust that likes to collect in the action. It's not that the ATX or my AX won't run dirty --- I'd prefer not to clean the action as often tho.

I'm trying to find something wrong with it so as to show some restraint from ordering yet another rifle. :D

After watching the video: I don't know how patents work when it comes to firearm design, but that ARCA rail sure looks like Area419's ARCA-Lock, and that bolt looks and seems to work exactly like my Zermatt Origin..?

After watching the video: I don't know how patents work when it comes to firearm design, but that ARCA rail sure looks like Area419's ARCA-Lock, and that bolt looks and seems to work exactly like my Zermatt Origin..?

No idea, but the Havak isn't a new action so this would have probably already come up. Probably.

Isn't ARCA open source? I'm sure the camera community beat 419 to the locking feature, but they were the first to apply it to rifles as far as I'm concerned. Don't hold me to it.

@GenericBadGuy I'm sure Jason @ Euro Optic will take pre-orders.

Was going to wait for the full meal deal ATX with folder and PRC bolt, but I'm thinking this may be the better option. The dust cover is a very handy feature for where I hunt, and the chalky like dust that likes to collect in the action. It's not that the ATX or my AX won't run dirty --- I'd prefer not to clean the action as often tho.

I'm trying to find something wrong with it so as to show some restraint from ordering yet another rifle. :D
I just would want to pay for the Arca rail and the other what nots up front. I am 100% that guy that wants to run AW mags though. I would buy an ATX also but have preorders with Manners and Defiance I am waiting on.

No idea, but the Havak isn't a new action so this would have probably already come up. Probably.

Isn't ARCA open source? I'm sure the camera community beat 419 to the locking feature, but they were the first to apply it to rifles as far as I'm concerned. Don't hold me to it.

I'm not trying to troll or anything, I mean lots of companies produce bottom metal, rings, etc... lots of stuff that's similar. I just wonder where that "proprietary" line is, ya know....?

The Arca-Swiss design is patented, but arca rail is now a generic design specification.

Seekins designed their own action back in 2016ish and it has its own quirks. They definitely came up with this design you can just look at the rifle and go, yep, thats a Seekins. Theyve been working on the HIT since what like 2019.

How is their action? This looks like an incredible deal assuming the action is reliable and smooth and the rifle shoots well. Anyone know what degree bolt throw?

How is their action? This looks like an incredible deal assuming the action is reliable and smooth and the rifle shoots well. Anyone know what degree bolt throw?
It's a 90 degree throw. My Havak was gritty new but became smooth after a few hundred actuations. The bolt itself was dlc'd and the action was nitrided so that might have been the why.

Would buy it again? I’m tempted to pull the trigger… love my AI rifles… but not sure the AT-X is worth the $5k price tag lol
This I am considering buying. Mostly for the chassis and the barrel system which is new.

I honestly didnt like the Havak action as I felt it felt a bit light and not as finely finished as other options. I do prefer heavy tactical actions like a Defiance Deviant Elite, the AI, Tempest or Badger actions. I find I also like stocks over chassis as well so take that with a grain of salt.

The AT-X is for sure gonna be worth it. You may be able to find it for $4500 plus tax once more of them come onto the market. I also think this is going to be worth it as well, particularly for all of the features it has and the price point. They represent two different places in the production market and I think Seekins really nailed it regarding thinking through their price point. If I had the money and wasnt getting fucked by my health I would definitely want the AT-X to add to the collection.

Reactions: AK74U
Torn between this and this and the howa American flag chassis package.

The Hit is probably better quality ( honestly don’t know much about seekiMs).

Howa would have everything I need out of the box and be cheaper initially but would eventually have to upgrade the scope but the seekins is seemingly more versatile long term but with higher initial investment.

Torn between this and this and the howa American flag chassis package.

The Hit is probably better quality ( honestly don’t know much about seekiMs).

Howa would have everything I need out of the box and be cheaper initially but would eventually have to upgrade the scope but the seekins is seemingly more versatile long term but with higher initial investment.
The Seekins HIT is a better choice in the long run.

What is the PRS version? I only see one version on their website?

I am always cautious with promises of modularity, accessories, barrels ect. In the dozens of products over the last 20 years that made this claim only like one or two ever delivered. John Hancock rifles? FN Scar? Anything SIG? Remington ACR? ect ect ect ect.

Never having barrels in stock does the buyer no good and you would have been better of picking a popular action where you can get cheap and in stock shouldered prefits. Will bolt heads and spare parts be available? Fitment issues if one wants to change stocks with different mag latches?

To many people have been burnt waiting 1-2-5-10 years for the promises to materialize and they never do. Better to wait for the product to mature, especially if they end up doing some revisions which is very common with new products. Just some things to think about before getting to excited.

Reactions: PBWalsh and Rookie
I this a lot of rifle for the money. I thought the Havak was a good value, but this is incredible.

Seekins put a nice package together. The price point on this is surprising compared to the other stuff thats out. Competition is good for the consumer I guess!

Anyone have one of these in hand yet? Looking for some regular user feedback but haven’t found any yet

What the projected ETA? I’m hearing towards end of Q1 2022. I’m looking to get into a pro 6mm creed FDE.

When I asked in early November they said Dec/Jan. Which I didn’t believe for a second , but whatever…. lmao

ETA: I said that ^ knowing full well that the firearms / gunsmith calendar is not the same as the rest of the world. :D That said, it was pretty dang close. (in the universe where I've had "a few weeks" end up being two and a half years, that's pretty good.)

Last edited:
Has anyone recieved a rifle yet. When you order from Seekins do they charge your card upon order?
I ordered mine end of November through EuroOptic and they charge your card at time of order. I’m sure ordering through Seekins is the same. After ordering I called Seekins and they told me 3-4 months for product to ship.

Is there any close up shots of how the quick change barrel system works. I just want to see how it mechanically works. I seen several videos but it wasn’t depicted enough to full picture how it works

Reactions: utexas10
Is there any close up shots of how the quick change barrel system works. I just want to see how it mechanically works. I seen several videos but it wasn’t depicted enough to full picture how it works
This is how I think it works.
1642500863297.png

Reactions: JB.IC
^^^ That’s how it’s working in my head too. Thread on the barrel to hand tight and then torque a pinch bolt to xx/in-lbs.

Anyone seen any in the wild yet?

Only one I know of is Glen’s personal rifle. I emailed them last week and they said another 2-3 months till they start shipping and they haven’t officially announced the pro version so they are not taking orders on those yet. I would love to get one before the start of comp season here in Colorado which is April, but it will be tight.

EDIT:
Just looked at their Facebook page and they have 2 standard HIT rifles with them at SHEEP show and SHOT show

Last edited:
Reactions: Mjnelson
I asked about how the barrel is secured because I’m skeptical about quick change barrels ever since Aaron Hipp did a lot of testing with the ARC Barloc and his test showed POI shifts if the barrel was bumped against something. Keep in mind a lot of others conducted the same test and also found POI shift. I bump the f out of my rifle at PRS matches lol

I wonder how hard it would be for them to integrate an arca rail cuts into the forend?

I asked about how the barrel is secured because I’m skeptical about quick change barrels ever since Aaron Hipp did a lot of testing with the ARC Barloc and his test showed POI shifts if the barrel was bumped against something. Keep in mind a lot of others conducted the same test and also found POI shift. I bump the f out of my rifle at PRS matches lol

I wonder how hard it would be for them to integrate an arca rail cuts into the forend?
The pro version has an arca rail on it and they sell it separately to upgrade a standard version

The only question for me is 6.5PRC or 6GT Giving em a call tomorrow, hopefully it's not a forever and a day lead time.
Let us know if it’s something different than a few months out lol. Also their website says something about calls and shot show at the top in a red banner

Reactions: Wheezy
HMMM video from Shot show says the rifles are shipping this week. Can't wait for guys on here first reactions.

I got mine. :)

I am Prostaff/prototype tester for Seekins and had to wait till the first batch shipped to get mine. So, they are shipping!

Impressed is an understatement !

More pics to come after scope mount shows, it will be here Thurs.

HIT rifle with 24” 6.5 PRC,
18" in .223 (223 will be available soon. this is a prototype for testing)
and 24” 6 GT
🌈
🐅
with coordinating bolt heads. All barrels threaded 5/8x24 and 8 twist.

This case is as solid as my Pelican too… what a combo and only $360 precut like this.

Got Arca mount, bipod mount and pic rails for accessories as well.

Seekins HIT.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine. :)

I am Prostaff/prototype tester for Seekins and had to wait till the first batch shipped to get mine. So, they are shipping!

Impressed is an understatement !

More pics to come after scope mount shows, it will be here Thurs.

HIT rifle with 24” 6.5 PRC,
18" in .223 (223 will be available soon. this is a prototype for testing)
and 24” 6 GT
🌈
🐅
with coordinating bolt heads. All barrels threaded 5/8x24 and 8 twist.

This case is as solid as my Pelican too… what a combo and only $360 precut like this.

Got Arca mount, bipod mount and pic rails for accessories as well.

View attachment 7803473
I saw these a while back and kinda wanted one, but wanted to be able to shoot .223 as well. Glad to see that should be an option! Guess I'll have to start saving for one.

Reactions: Sendero_Man
Cant wait to hear a range report. Hope it’s not that good because I went another direction and building an Origin now 😆