• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle....Thanks Bugholes

buster hindend

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
I just received my .223 AI from Greg Young, aka, Southern Precision Rifles. This is my second rifle and I can't say enough good things about how great he is to work with and what a great rifle he builds. My other rifle flat out shoots "bugholes". I hope this one will keep up with the other one he did but I have no doubts it will. I'm absolutely thrilled at how it turned out. I HIGHLY recommend Greg.

Specs
All metal work and bedding by Greg Young
All coating done by Kampfeld Custom
Big horn Action
Krieger #4 sporter, 8 Twist, finished at 22"
McMillan Game Scout
Jewell Trigger
Surgeon Bottom Metal
Big Horn MOA base.
Seekins Rings
NF 3.5 X 15 X 50 with ZS and MOAR reticle

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00001.jpg

Re: New Rifle....Thanks Bugholes

Nice work! Go get some critters now..

Very, very nice!!
Greg really knows how to build a nice rifle, and he's as sharp as they come on the AI calibers.

That is one nice rifle!! What is the wait time on a build like the one that you have?

Thank you,
Malcolm

Wow that is one nice rifle. Please post up the range results when you get a chance.

you guys make me want to build a light'er gun for packing around i love these builds.

That is one FN Sweet Stick Congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Malcolm1982</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is one nice rifle!! What is the wait time on a build like the one that you have?

Thank you,
Malcolm </div></div>

The longest wait time was for the Krieger and McMillan. Total project time was around 9.5 months. That's from the time I started ordering parts until today. But even that is a little misleading. When the barrel arrived it was shipped to Feldkamp Custom to be spiral fluted then ship back to Greg. The then made a barreled action and then sent it back to Karl to be coated. So there was some time there that was strictly for the cosmetics I wanted. It didn't take Greg long once everything arrived.

Again I can't recommend Greg high enough. His work is amazing. The .243 AI he built me is wickedly accurate.

Great looking rifle from an awesome builder. Greg is GTG in my book. Enjoy in good health.

Nice lookin rifle but your bipod is on backwards. Not trying to be an a$$, just couldn't help letting you know.

Geb

Great looking rifle! talked to greg the other day too and is very knowledgable about his rifles. Is that scope bell touching the Pic rail?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gebhardt02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice lookin rifle but your bipod is on backwards. Not trying to be an a$$, just couldn't help letting you know.

Geb

</div></div>

I just put it on for pictures. I realized when I took it off to put gun in safe that it was on backwards. Guess I was too jacked up about rifle arriving to notice I was putting it on backwards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xXlojackXx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking rifle! talked to greg the other day too and is very knowledgable about his rifles. Is that scope bell touching the Pic rail?</div></div>

Greg is great. Yes scope may be touching but I only put the rings on finger tight for pictures. I have since taken the scope off and will set it up correctly when time permits.

Great eyes guys

I'd be pretty excited about a rifle like that as well. I know you'll enjoy the heck out of it. Congrats!

Geb

Awesome paint job! Looks great.

Excellent looking rifle, if it shoots as good as it looks I think you will be very happy.

Buster, what's it weigh without scope? I'm looking at building a hunting rifle with the same new McMillan stock.

How do you like the stock? I'm sure it's great for prone but how is it for all around hunting, shooting out of a blind, up against a tree? I love my A-5 but it's to big and awkward for a "hunting" gun. Is the forend the same width as an A-5 or narrower?

What is the color combo of your swirley pattern