• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rifle was it a good deal?

Pechan

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2008
Pine Bluff Wy
Hey Guys I would like your opinion on what this rifle is worth.
I am just getting into 308 shooting and this is my first rig.
Here is the spec sheet I got with it.

Remington 700 308
HS Precision PSS Stock
3 Lb Trigger
Skim Bedded stock with Marine Tex.
Holland muzzle break
Blue Printed action
Trued receiver face
Trued bolt lugs
Trued bolt face
22 inch barrel 11 degree crown
barrel shoulder set back .150
re-chambered with match reamer head space set at 1.631
Tubb's heavy recoil lug
Badger bolt knob
Buttstock with added spacers with recoil pad.
Badger 20 moa scope mount
Parkerized and then finished with Brownell's Alum Hyde II
HS precision detachable box mag
thanks

Re: New Rifle was it a good deal?

I guess that all depends on how much you paid, but frankly, if you like it and it shoots well, does it really matter?

In other words, if you are satisfied, then it was a good deal.

^^ +1 Don't try and keep up with the Jones's. Plus sounds like a nice rifle post some pics, happy shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pechan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep I am happy with the rifle shoots better that I can :p

Paid 2100 for it.</div></div>

My vote is you did NOT get a good deal in regards to financial amount!!

I have a couple different custom bolt action builds that I have about same money into but if you like it and it shoots then in reality that is all that matters.

The features you got and the amount you paid for the package are pretty insignificant in the final equation. HOW DOES IT SHOOT!?!?!?! If you are satisfied with what you paid and the accuracy meets your expectations, then you got a good deal.

Oh...PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!
wink.gif

I would say it depends on how many rounds have been down the pipe, and who was the gunsmith that did all of the work.
My real question is, do you really want a custom chamber on a rifle if you are new to shooting?
Can you shoot stock ammo with that chamber or do you have to reload with custom dies?
The amount of money is really only realitive to how much "Gun money" you have.
I am waiting to see the pictures, until I decide if it would be worth it, to me.
SScott

if the gun is new and unfired with a custom barrel, you did O.K.
if the gun is used and still has the factory barrel my answer would be as follows.

sugar coated.....like others said, if you like it, it is worth it.

the truth..... YOU GOT SCREWED.

surgeon RSR with rail $900
new barrel $250-$300
HS,B&C, or Choate TAC $200-$300
HS mag system $280
bolt knob installed $60
screw it together and $350
bed it

TOTAL $2040-$2240

this is for a straight up custom. i think wnroscoe was advertising customs on the RSR for a little more than what you paid. i think $1000 would more in line for what you got. just keeping it real and being honest. no need in beating around the bush and remember, YOU ASKED. ask the questions before you buy next time. everyone else feels sorry for you hence the soft and sweet answers.

chuck

Hey I appreciate the straightforward answer. The rile is new just test fired.
I guess I got screwed but thats how you learn.

Listen man, don't beat yourself up about it. I have overpaid for things also......it is very hard not to, especially impulse buying guns!! The fact is you can always make more money, in the mean time enjoy your stick, shoot the hell out of it, and learn what you can from it.