• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New rifle which one?

dannydifalco

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 27, 2011
New York
Ok so i just found out through my job that i get pretty good discounts on all Remington firearms. So......Thats means a new rifle ;] My two current options are the SPS tactical .308 or the SPS AAC-SD. As you know both guns are almost identical except the AAC-SD has a threaded barrel and has a 1/10 twist as opposed to the 1/12 twist. The price different to me is like $20-$30. I plan on shooting pretty much up to 500yds. And i would like to stick with my 168gr bthp. But as we know a faster twist rate likes heavier bullets. Which one should i go with?

Re: New rifle which one?

I would go with the AAC model with the threaded barrel and the 1:10 barrel.

Btw if you can get good prices on Remington guns I would suggest looking into the custom shop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okiefired</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why have you already decided to shoot 168's before even getting a rifle?

okie</div></div> I already shoot now with a remington 700 and use 168's. Im just unsure if the 1/10 will shoot the 168's good. I would love to move to 175's but i have so much 168's. Besides im shooting inside 500yd 95% of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rustybroadhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discounts on firearms.... I want a job!</div></div> lol yea i get them pretty much all at net price.

Although you do need faster twists as you increase the length of projectiles, you shouldn't assume that a 1:10 barrel is going to like heavier bullets than lighter, especially at 500 yards.