• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Rig Suggestions

TexasHunter90

Private
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2021
Texas
Going to a new lightweight hunting rig and looking for suggestions mainly from users of the maven rs4, Leica prs, conquest v6, and tract toric. I have time with the vortex pst gen 2 and the leupy vx5 and mark 5. Just looking to branch out.

Please no athalon suggestions, just not my preference.

The Leica PRS and RS4 are 36 oz. The conquest is SFP, which is fine, but very different from the other mentioned options. What are your priorities?

You didn’t specify which Toric, but they do have a 2.5-15 in FFP at about 28 oz.

Last edited:
Man, it's hard to go wrong with Zeiss or Kahles for glass... I have had both for a long time, and they're just great hunting scopes.

The Leica PRS and RS4 are 36 oz. The conquest is SFP, which is fine, but very different from the other mentioned options. What are your priorities?

You didn’t specify which Toric, but they do have a 2.5-15 in FFP at about 28 oz.
Light weight and something that tracks true. Illumination preferably, which is honestly the reason the mark 5 doesn’t get the nod again. As far as the toric goes 4.5-30.

Man, it's hard to go wrong with Zeiss or Kahles for glass... I have had both for a long time, and they're just great hunting scopes.
I’d love to add Kahles to my list of options but that’s pushing my price point. I just saw burris’ new offering so that muddies my water.

Reactions: FuhQ
I’d love to add Kahles to my list of options but that’s pushing my price point. I just saw burris’ new offering so that muddies my water.
I can tell you this... Once you buy your first Kahles, you won't even think about how much you paid for it ever again, after glassing a field in less-than-ideal conditions, or SUPER early morning, or dusk when you can still see deer out there well beyond legal light. It's the clearest glass I've looked through in its price range and under. Just my personal opinion...Definitely worth the extra couple months of taking bologna sammichs to work. 😏