• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns New RSA from Glock

dpairborneranger

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
KY
I have a Gen4 22 that never gave me any problems when shooting. Glock has this voluntary recall going on so I thought better to be safe then sorry and called them. The very next day my new recoil spring arrived. I looked at them and noticed the spring sizes were a little different but other than that all the same. So I take it out to the range to make sure it works and had a TON of malfunctions with the new recoil spring!!! I was pissed! I cut open the envelope that had the old one in and put it back in the gun. When I was switching them out I was thinking "I'm fixing something that isn't broke and this is gonna bite me in the ass". Anyone else have problems with the replacement RSA or is there a "break in" required for it?

Re: New RSA from Glock

I haven't had a chance to try out my new RSA, but I hadn't had any problems with my old one either. There is no way in hell I am going to send the old one back before I have a few hundred down range with the new one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IdahoMike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't had a chance to try out my new RSA, but I hadn't had any problems with my old one either. There is no way in hell I am going to send the old one back before I have a few hundred down range with the new one. </div></div>

Let me know how the new one performs. I'm going to take the new one back out to the range next week and try again but confidence in the new spring is LACKING

IIRC, there were several G22's that had a certain spring number that were possibly not affected. Mine was one of them so I never bothered with the RSA since mine has been flawless - Approximately 800 rounds through it.

Range report, I ran 26 rounds through each mag (5). Once with Winchester white box FMJ then again with Federal JHP (total of 52 rounds per mag). I had one FTF on mag #2 and the rest ran perfect with FMJs, swithced to JHP and had several FTFs from mag #2 again, this was all done with the new RSA. Now with the old RSA with both FMJ and JHPs it ran like a sewing machine. Although I have my eye on mag #2, I dont trust the new RSA. I will use it at the range a few more times to see if it needed some sort of break in and maybe use it as a spare after its prooven.

The whole Gen4 spring "debacle" is really a bummer. I love Glocks, and am a loyal advocate of them, but would not advocate the new ones.

Best of luck - hope things improve!

We've issued approximately 450 of the new Gen4 model 22 pistols, all with the latest RSA and haven't experienced any malfunctions. Most of these pistols have 200-250 rounds of 180gr Speer Lawman through them with the team guns having probably 1000. Mine has around 2K rounds so far and the only malfunctions I've had were after the pistol had around 1200 rounds fired without any maintenance performed (two day shooting school).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We've issued approximately 450 of the new Gen4 model 22 pistols, all with the latest RSA and haven't experienced any malfunctions. Most of these pistols have 200-250 rounds of 180gr Speer Lawman through them with the team guns having probably 1000. Mine has around 2K rounds so far and the only malfunctions I've had were after the pistol had around 1200 rounds fired without any maintenance performed (two day shooting school). </div></div>

1200 rounds is too few for me. Not a ringing endorsement. They should go 10k.

Ditto. My Glock 30 is my favorite handgun. Fellas at the range call it the "dirty thirty" because it gets treated *just* like a lawnmower. I don't clean it from year to year - except for wiping powder residue off the front sight. I run about 10k/year through it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

1200 rounds is too few for me. Not a ringing endorsement. They should go 10k. </div></div>

10K rounds without cleaning?

Phylo, I have a 19 w 6500 rounds without touching it. Not even a hiccup!!!
I'm gonna try and get 10K out of it without a clean

That doesn't surprise me but I'm also not alarmed that a pistol with 1200 rounds through it could begin to malfunction. I wouldn't carry it that dirty so I don't consider it a problem.