• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Russia Sanctions

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
It looks like the new sanctions would ban "new and pending" permits for ammo coming out of Russia. It bans a bunch of other stuff as well but figured since this is a gun forum we would focus on the ammo part. This would not change already approved permits.

We import a crap ton of Russian ammo (not just 7.62x39) and prices were starting to come back down.

My question is how often do you have to reapply for a permit?

If already posted, I'll delete.

Hi,

I could be but I have learned it is an act of futility to attempt to discuss such things on forums.

There are just way too many people that cannot even spell DDTC want to act like experts and attempt to argue what is and what is not allowed just because their friends ho wife said one of her only fans supporters said he heard his plumbers wife talking about reading her mechanics text about it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
Hi,

I could be I have learned it is an act of futility to attempt to discuss such things on forums.

There are just way too many people that cannot even spell DDTC want to act like experts and attempt to argue what is and what is not allowed just because their friends ho wife said one of her only fans supporters said he heard his plumbers wife talking about reading her mechanics text about it.

Sincerely,
Theis

Totally understand but I think most here value your opinion since you are directly involved with imports and know better than I or most on here.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the sanction as it relates to ammo. Is this something that could be circumvented with a made in "bulgaria" or possibly manufactured in Russia and stamped elsewhere?

I also understand if you choose not to discuss this openly as well.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
Well I am avoiding shipping to customers in Russia, since I haven’t a clue what is going on with these sanctions.

Hi,

Well we have to go back to Great Reagan era as the starting point with what can and cannot be imported in regards to not only Russia but anything Russia "related". He signed the VRA (Voluntary Restraint Agreement" with Russia as part of the "tear down that wall" deal.

It literally was the anal lube for the continual fucking that not only the American consumers get but also companies from several countries. Companies that were not even formed during the VRA signing...

So any "workaround" of the new sanctions still would have to comply with the VRA.

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Well we have to go back to Great Reagan era as the starting point with what can and cannot be imported in regards to not only Russia but anything Russia "related". He signed the VRA (Voluntary Restraint Agreement" with Russia as part of the "tear down that wall" deal.

It literally was the anal lube for the continual fucking that not only the American consumers get but also companies from several countries. Companies that were not even formed during the VRA signing...

So any "workaround" of the new sanctions still would have to comply with the VRA.

Sincerely,
Theis

Looks like Poland would be a great place to buy a factory. No way is Russia ever going to comply with inspections (requirement for the 12month sanction lift).

It seems that regulation was written for mainly firearms as it only specifies 7.62x25mm for ammo (could be wrong I read through it quickly).
I wish a president would have the balls to lift that sanction so we could get some more Saigas, veprs and chicoms in. Current market for those are retarded.

Hi,

Sincerely,
Theis
will this also affect things from serbia or the former czech republic countries? that would suck even more (for me).