• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New S and B reticle

Danrobberg

Lance Criminal
Supporter
Minuteman
May 31, 2017
I’ve seen some preview pics of a new reticle called GR2ID. Any one got a better pic or more info. From what I could see it looked a little too busy with the grid going a mil or two above the main horizontal line.

I have seen it on instagram I think it looks great.

The most recent post directly refers to Prs shooters and requirements

I feel like my dumb ass would accidentally hold under 2mils. My eyes naturally want to do that by just looking at it.

Reactions: PAYDIRT
I think it looks great.
Just waiting to see the end product and how much a 5-20 ultra short with it’ll cost.

Screenshot_20190116-170854__01.jpg

Reactions: thestacche
Wow... that is really.......... ugly, but some love grid reticles and I'll try and reserve judgement (yes, I know I've already made the ugly comment) until we see it in real world use. I'm not a big fan of Horus, AMR or FML-T1 though the latter 2 have more appeal, it just seems like the center dot get's lost inside the top grid. It took Schmidt well over a year to get the LRR-Mil reticle to market from when it was announced so I wouldn't expect this until later in 2020

I have wanted a Schmidt for as long as I can remember, but have never been able to bring myself to like any of their reticle choices enough to go ahead and buy one. This still isn't doing anything for me.

I'll check it out next week in Vegas... maybe in person it'll look better?

I have wanted a Schmidt for as long as I can remember, but have never been able to bring myself to like any of their reticle choices enough to go ahead and buy one. This still isn't doing anything for me.

I'll check it out next week in Vegas... maybe in person it'll look better?

Which reticle do you use now?

Which reticle do you use now?

I've used and liked ebr-2b, Mil-C, APRS1 and SKMR3.

The closest one I've come to get from S&B is the H2CMR, but the fact that there are no numbers on it had me hesitating. Wasn't sure if I'd like it for matches when shooting movers. Maybe I would, but it gave me pause when deciding to buy a ~$3k scope.

You'd likely gen along well with the Gen 2 XR (similar to ebr2c) or H2CMR. How fast are your movers moving?!?!?! I don't think I've ever had a mover hold more than 1.5 mils at a match. 500 yards with a 6 creed/115's

WOW. I never seen anything as bad as this new reticle by S&B.
I got a old S&B PMII that's probably about 15 years old. I am planning to send it in for changing MOA two Mil turrets and update the reticle. I was hoping for something special from this years SHOT This reticle in my opinion isn't anywhere close to usable. If this is all S&B has for us in way of new reticles, ill be very disappointed.

Last edited:
I like it quite a bit actually.
5-20 ultra short with this will probably be my next scope.

From S&B
“Good morning Mr. XXX. A reticle change for the GR²ID reticle costs net 713,21€ + shipping. If there are any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards”

From S&B
“Good morning Mr. XXX. A reticle change for the GR²ID reticle costs net 713,21€ + shipping. If there are any further questions, don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards”

Damn. You're all better off selling me your H2CMR scopes and buying a new one ;)

Last edited:
Damn. You're all better off selling my your H2CMR scopes and buying a new one ;)

Yes and you’d restart that 20 year warranty.
Selling is a much better economical option.

Oddly switching to a Horus ret is $900.00 according to the email I got a few days ago. I’m not entirely sure why the GR2ID carries a high premium.

Much like NF apraoch of not offering their new ret for swaps(last I checked a few weeks ago), I suspect it’s all to generate scope sales.

On paper the gr2id looks bad but it looks better through the scope

Attachments

• 16A46C92-CB3C-45C5-B7ED-D4BD8860C899.png
    16A46C92-CB3C-45C5-B7ED-D4BD8860C899.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 213