• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New S&B 10-60x

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    1673888041402.png

1673888090431.png

Reactions: wooferocau and BCX
    :rolleyes:
    I'm fairly certain S&B is just fucking with us now. Can't wait for next year's 16-96x56mm rather than something practical like a 3-18x42PMII (that's not a $4k 2nd FP hunting scope with a fucking #7 reticle)
    I was trying to formulate something to say, but you’ve pretty well covered it.

I like it....not a lot of elevation so it will require a more aggressive mount with cant

Still want to see what it costs in comparison to the ridiculously overpriced TT

• Haha
    Reactions: TheOE800
    Other then F-Class and maybe ELR why does one need that high of magnification? On my 7-35 ATACR, I run it most of the time at 15-20x, sometimes at 25x as the higher powers are too tight of a eyebox to be really useful.

Reactions: Nik H
    Other then F-Class and maybe ELR why does one need that high of magnification? On my 7-35 ATACR, I run it most of the time at 15-20x, sometimes at 25x as the higher powers are too tight of a eyebox to be really useful.
    F-Class is what I was thinking

I run my NF 7-35 to about 25X for most applications for the reasons you mention but no idea what the eye box will look like on this one. You may be right though.

The Schmidt 5-45 eye box is pretty nice even at 40X but hate the barnacle

5-25's running north of $5k for certain models
    Ultra Short 3-20's running up into the $6k's
    Yeah...why anyone wouldn't TT or ZCO it up at that point with that bullshit pricing is beyond me.

I'd be shocked if that 10-60 didn't msrp with a "9" out front...if not the full 5-figure treatment.

S&B already has:
    6-36
    5-45
    12-50
    This seems like not much of an improvement over the 12-50, I mean on that one at 50x all you really have is the center + of the crosshair so I don't expect 60x to be any better.

S&B already has:
    6-36
    5-45
    12-50
    This seems like not much of an improvement over the 12-50, I mean on that one at 50x all you really have is the center + of the crosshair so I don't expect 60x to be any better.
    6-36 - I already have a 7-35 NF...nothing special
    5-45 - Barnacle which sucks and limited reticle and turret choices last I looked
    12-50 - Non illuminated reticle and a shitty reticle to boot

YMMV

5-25's running north of $5k for certain models
    Ultra Short 3-20's running up into the $6k's
    Yeah...why anyone wouldn't TT or ZCO it up at that point with that bullshit pricing is beyond me.

I'd be shocked if that 10-60 didn't msrp with a "9" out front...if not the full 5-figure treatment.
    I don't think so...maybe $6-7K. The erector design is lifted from the 6-36

6-36 - I already have a 7-35 NF...nothing special
    5-45 - Barnacle which sucks and limited reticle and turret choices last I looked
    12-50 - Non illuminated reticle and a shitty reticle to boot

YMMV

Here's what I'd comment.
    On the 12-50, a fancy reticle is kind of pointless if you actually intend to use it at 40-50x
    The P4FL works very well for target shooting which is what that scope was intended to be used for.
    The glass quality on it is very nice.
    When you are pushing out to 1k and beyond in target shooting, having 0.025 mil adjustments can be pretty useful.

I'm not sure the weight and size of the proposed 10-60 is going to suit the gamer types that want fancy reticles.
    Even at 45x the FOV is small enough that you really have to be static target shooting to be able to use it easily.
    It would seem the 7-35 or 8-40 is kind of about the upper limits of useability for FFP scopes with fancy reticles.

Here's what I'd comment.
    On the 12-50, a fancy reticle is kind of pointless if you actually intend to use it at 40-50x
    The P4FL works very well for target shooting which is what that scope was intended to be used for.
    The glass quality on it is very nice.
    When you are pushing out to 1k and beyond in target shooting, having 0.025 mil adjustments can be pretty useful.

I'm not sure the weight and size of the proposed 10-60 is going to suit the gamer types that want fancy reticles.
    Even at 45x the FOV is small enough that you really have to be static target shooting to be able to use it easily.
    It would seem the 7-35 or 8-40 is kind of about the upper limits of useability for FFP scopes with fancy reticles.
    Valid points but consider...

Not many people use their scope at either extreme. The difference between a 35-45 power scope is not all that great. I have tried the 5-45 and I really don't think it it is as good at its upper range. Same can be said about my NF. What I would be interested to see is if this scope is really useable at 45X in terms of clarity. 60X with a 56mm objective may be a bit much and the resulting image may be a bit dark and resolution/clarity may drop.

The P4L is not that great IMHO. Lots of people like it because it is "uncluttered". Personally, I have no use for it. I am not a fan of HORUS type stuff but there is a happy medium. This new reticle looks like it may fit the bill but until you see it, you can never tell

FOV when shooting F-Class is not an issue. I don't think this will be adopted by the PRS community for the reasons you mentioned. Its size and weight isn't much different from the ZCO 8-40.

Just pre ordered the S&B 6-36, it wasn't 6-7K!
    Guess you didn’t want a reticle other than P5FL or DT II+ turrets then

Edit: $5200 plus theft, close enough.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: BCX
    Let us know what you think when you get it. What kind of stick are putting it on?
    I switch scopes around on my rifles all the time. If the reticle is usable on 6x it may go on a LR hunting rifle. If not it may get zeroed for a AI barrel.

Reactions: Nik H
    You will see that in q4 of next year with another price increase 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Deposit under contract :ROFLMAO: ... i better not see a price increase.

Figured i won't see a TT 7-35 Jtac till early next year.

I am thinking about getting one for 50BMG 1000 yard matches, waiting to see what people think of the parallax adjustments. On one of the fliers they say it is available with other reticles,....whatever that means...I doubt that matter to me.

I like that it is MIL and .05 turrets :) If there are no reported parralax issues then I am in.

Got mine so far I am really happy with it. But can't really report on it until after I shoot it in match....will try to write a little about it in June.
    I’m waiting to see a review or write up of the march majesta glass compared to this

One is coming home

How is the glass compared to the 6-36?
    VERY interested in the 10-60!!

Have not yet had a chance to get it out and compare the two, but first impressions are good.

I do notice quite a bit of «half mooning»(vignetting?!) in the FOV when at the outer adjustment area of elevation, but I guess that is the price to pay for such high magnification(?). Took a couple of bad iphone pictures to try to capture it, one picture is with turrett at 0 and the other at max 23,5.

Are they available down there yet?

IMG_8467.jpeg

IMG_8461.jpeg

Have not yet had a chance to get it out and compare the two, but first impressions are good.

I do notice quite a bit of «half mooning»(vignetting?!) in the FOV when at the outer adjustment area of elevation, but I guess that is the price to pay for such high magnification(?). Took a couple of bad iphone pictures to try to capture it, one picture is with turrett at 0 and the other at max 23,5.

Are they available down there yet?

View attachment 8403128
    View attachment 8403129
    Available here shortly.
    Years ago i used to run the old S&B 12x50 x56 PM2 on an AWSM 338...loved the scope but it had very very limited elev/wind travel.

The new 10-60 is VERY appealing to me. The 6-36,s i currently run are fantastic , but the 10-60 is one i think i will try..

Reactions: JER6.5 and brianf
    Available here shortly.
    Years ago i used to run the old S&B 12x50 x56 PM2 on an AWSM 338...loved the scope but it had very very limited elev/wind travel.

The new 10-60 is VERY appealing to me. The 6-36,s i currently run are fantastic , but the 10-60 is one i think i will try..

What is your intended use?