• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New S&B locking quick change turret

sgj2025

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2009
west,ky
A question for those that got to handle the scope at shotshow. What were your impressions of the turret? Was interested on your thoughts, thought this feature would be great on my DTA.

steve

Re: New S&B locking quick change turret

Having handled the Short Dot w/ locking turrets, it's a nice feature though really only needed in .mil applications, in my opinion. There are so many scenarios where an exposed scope can have its turrets rubbed against and inadvertently adjusted - not so much in shooting enthusiast circles though.

It's really only useful if you have a reticle with holdover capability, like a Horus. It would be a PITA to have to pull/push the lock ring every time you had to dial. It is pretty hard to move it, and was kinda hard to get a grip on, it's not made for fast dialing.

Oh, I thought you only pulled the lock ring up to quick change zero. Like the idea of a toolless quick way to change zero for a switch barrel rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sgj2025</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, I thought you only pulled the lock ring up to quick change zero. Like the idea of a toolless quick way to change zero for a switch barrel rifle </div></div>
You don't need a locking turret to have a "quick way to change zero," just dial in the new zero and start shooting. The new S&B locking turrets are not designed for easily dialing in elevation and windage, they are difficult to grip without pushing the ring down to lock them. They work well with holdover reticles like the Horus. I thought they were a PITA myself and I've had my fling with a Horus reticle.

Thanks guys. Thought they had their own version of a toolless zero. Found a video and this is a useless feature for my application.