• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New S&B TR2ID reticle

it's shorter than the 5-25 so honestly it wouldn't even be an issue
Yeah but I have a TT 525P kicking around so while more expensive, it's "free" so to speak. My cost was similar to what the 6-36 costs, so I'm not too mad.

Reactions: kthomas
……once the “full” FoV version is released in the US. There’s something icky about paying for restricted performance.
you do realize all of the scopes in its class except the Razor are similarly restricted, right?

Does Vortex sell the exact same Razor model somewhere else in the world that has a higher performance?
ZCO most definitely sells the full FOV versions of their scopes in Europe and overstates their numbers stateside. People still buy them

all of a sudden it's an issue because Schmidt actually disclosed it from the start. Would you rather they break the law and violate the patent?

ZCO most definitely sells the full FOV versions of their scopes in Europe and overstates their numbers stateside. People still buy them

all of a sudden it's an issue because Schmidt actually disclosed it from the start. Would you rather they break the law and violate the patent?
Is it breaking the law? The patent was already thrown out in Europe by Leica(?). March has no issues making large FoV options.

My point is that I would not spend $4k on a scope that I know is artificially restricted solely based on my geography - particularly when the patent will expire in a year or two.

Reactions: TheOE800
Is it breaking the law? The patent was already thrown out in Europe by Leica(?). March has no issues making large FoV options.

My point is that I would not spend $4k on a scope that I know is artificially restricted solely based on my geography - particularly when the patent will expire in a year or two.
The patent was not thrown out in North America. March and Vortex glass is Made in Japan

……once the “full” FoV version is released in the US. There’s something icky about paying for restricted performance.
Ok. How much difference ,at say 100 yards, is there in the FOV between the USA version vs the Euro version?
I like my S&B's, I'm glad pics got posted of the GRID in the 6x36, really tempting me.

The patent was not thrown out in North America. March and Vortex glass is Made in Japan
Right. The point is that the patent has been shown to
A) be bullshit, and
B) not be adhered to by other mfg’s

I’m no expert in the patent, but S&Bs are not made in North America, just like March & Vortex aren’t made in North America.

If I could get 4 or 5 or more years of use, I’d swallow the restricted FoV easier. But as it sits, I’m not interested in the US version. And let’s be honest, the resale of the current US version will be dogshit.

Reactions: kthomas
I used to have several SB scopes with GR2ID reticle and I really loved that reticle in paper… problem was the lines in the reticle are very thin… I’m only in my 40s and had a lot of trouble with the reticle as it would come out of focus for my eyes… it’s the only reticle that I’ve tried where I’ve had this problem… I get it, my eyes are not sharp enough, and the reticle is super thin… ended up selling all those scopes…. Hopefully TR2ID has thicker lines that won’t come out of focus on my eyes… we’ll see, anyways looks great!

Reactions: WILLSMITH030382
I really want a Pantone/RL8000 version of the 6-36 with TRID and MT turrets but EO said nope, black only. I’m going to get on the wait list in the coming week, hopefully I’ll have it in hand before June.