• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new SAC build

SilencercoJames

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 30, 2008
kearns, ut, 84118
Just got my new 6.5 creedmoor yesterday from Mark. I am stoked. Got some pics from the droid, not the greatest but oh well though i would share.
Specs:
26" heavy palma 8.5 twist
.300 APA recoil lug
Trued rem 700 action
badger bolt knob
AICS 1.5
EGW 20 moa base
nightforce rings
nightforce NXS 3.5-15.5x56
I'm gonna love this thing.
2010-10-03_13-47-05_959.jpg

2010-10-03_13-46-53_866.jpg

2010-10-03_13-46-45_759.jpg

2010-10-03_13-46-29_832.jpg

I got out yesterday to play around a little. Loaded 0.010 jammed shooting the 140 amax, with charges from 38-42.5 gr of rl 17. All loads shot well(about .75 moa). I will be able to get out this week to do some better load development.
I did follow proper barrel brake in procedures. Shot 30 rounds then cleaned when I got home. lol.

Re: new SAC build

Looks great! SAC turns out some nice stuff for sure!

yah, i have been shooting a bunch of local stuff. I went with a couple other guys down to shoot the last match held in oklahoma. WOW was that tough.

Nice! What kind of velocities are you getting out of that bad boy? What dies are you using?

Sweet man very sweet. Now that he's done with yours maybe he is gettin to mine. Looks great.

I didnt get a chance to chrony yet. I am just using the hornady dies with the mic adjustment on the seater die. And i did the paint job, it was my first digi cam try. I didnt quite get all the stencils lined up perfectly square but oh well.

I'm sure once you start fine tuning your load you will bring it down considerably.

Your chamber is absolutely perfect, I'm talking as concentric as they come and your barrel will be a hammer!

Have you tried any factory Hornady ammo yet? I will contact some customers and see what their load was, I know they were getting great groups.

Mark

Yah i was just using a heavy trigger and was way to excited to shoot good. Im sure it will shoot much better after the initial shakes wear off. lol
Mark have you had good experience with jumping the 140's or cramming?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impulse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yah i was just using a heavy trigger and was way to excited to shoot good. Im sure it will shoot much better after the initial shakes wear off. lol
Mark have you had good experience with jumping the 140's or cramming? </div></div>

I've had two SAC Creedmoor's mine shot the factory ammo REALLY well. I also used the same load but substituted RL17 in stead of the factory powder.