• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Sako TRG 300 Win Mag

bb24fu

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I know OAL's are different for every gun and bullet for that gun, but I am working up some initial loads for my new rifle and I would like to know if I am in the ballpark. I have used a hornady OAL guage and to put the bullet near the lands it will not fit in my magazines. Therefore I have used a starting length that is the longest that will function in my mags. This length is still much longer than the book's "recommended" max length, which I know is ok. I just want to make sure I am not missing something.

I am using Berger VLD's 210 grains.
Anyone with a Sako TRG in 300 Win Mag please PM me as I would like to pick your brains on a couple of things.

Thank you for your advice.

Re: New Sako TRG 300 Win Mag

The TRG 300WM mags should let you seat the bullet out past 3.60" easy. My 208 A-max load (roughly same profile as the VLD) is seated to right at 3.580", and I have room to spare in the mag. What is your actual COAL of the round? Let me knwo what questions you have, and I'll try to help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChadTRG42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The TRG 300WM mags should let you seat the bullet out past 3.60" easy. My 208 A-max load (roughly same profile as the VLD) is seated to right at 3.580", and I have room to spare in the mag. What is your actual COAL of the round? Let me knwo what questions you have, and I'll try to help. </div></div>

Definitely listen to Chad. He helped me out when I first purchased my TRG42 in 300WM. I've followed his advice so far and the rifle is an absolute tack driver. With Berger 210 VLD's I have the OAL at 3.57" Even then, they load in the mag fine and chamber perfectly. I have some load data with the 210 Bergers and H1000 powder if you're interested. Shoot me a PM and we can talk.

if any of you don't mind, would you mind posting or sending me your load data for the h1000. I'm working up some loads for my trg 42. thus far, my best results with the 208 AMAX is 75 gr h1000, winchester brass, and CCI 250.

in the back of my head, i'm wondering/thinking if my powder load seems a bit on the low side ? also, i icremented only up to 75.8 gr. at which it was noticably larger group. would

Mine loves 78grains H1000, Chinbuster brass,F210M primer, 210 VLD's @ 3.592"=.005 jammed in mine.

Gets me 2928fps average in a 24" (evidently loose) tube & .25 moa @ 400.