• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New sand blaster at work! And a Marlin 917

oosickness

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2011
California
So we got a new sand blaster at work and I asked my boss if I could bring in a barreled action to my marlin 917 I had that was a polished stainless steel. I didn’t like the shiny look and would like the blasted look. The media I used was silica, so it came out a bit darker than I initially thought it would. In the end I really like the look compared to the shiny look.

Before
U7by9h.jpg

hkAvUh.jpg

and After
sGm4qh.jpg

6mGGKh.jpg

nqDaJh.jpg

Re: New sand blaster at work! And a Marlin 917

Loks good. I hate the look of shiny stainless as well.

Thanks guys! For some reason I thought I was going to screw something up. I had some ear plugs jammed in the chamber and barrel. None the less I was anxious, but it was completely unfounded it seems as it still shoots pretty well.

Looks pretty good! Did the blasting effect come out even throughout?

Yea it came out pretty even, there is one spot under the action that looked a bit smoother but I didn’t want to put it back in for something I wouldn’t see. The look in the picture is from oil I applied after the fact

That is pretty cool looking. I am not huge on SS barrels but something like this is pretty cool looking. I like the SS matte look.