• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Savage Rimfire PRS Rifles

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com

The A22 Precision rimfire rifle employs Savage’s popular A22 delayed blow-back semi-auto action. Optimized for the NRL22 rimfire series and rimfire cross-training, this little self-loader has features a custom MDT chassis similar to the B Series, adjustable length-of-pull from 13.5 to 14.5 inches. but also including an oversized charging handle. , and weights 7.28 pounds. The company describes it as “the showcase to Savage’s love affair with the .22 LR.” The A22 is available in .22 LR for $599.

Savage B Series Precision
    The new B Series bolt-action Precision rimfire rifle features an MDT aluminum chassis that adjusts for length-of-pull and comb height. The rifle ships with an 18-inch heavy barrel threaded at the muzzle, with a Picatinny rail on the action. This modestly-priced bolt-action rimfire also has a crisp Accutrigger. The B Series Precision comes in three rimfire chamberings, all for $599: .22 LR, .17 HMR and .22 WMR.

Reactions: NDNxJosh
    interesting ?

Never owned a Savage, but if this shoots MOA or better, this could be my first Savage.

I have a Savage A22 FV FDX XP rifle that was a limited edition that came out in 2017. It's similar to the current A22 FV-SR in that it has a 16.5 inch threaded barrel. It also has a FDE stock and came with a 25-round Butler Creek magazine in addition to the standard 10-round rotary mag along with a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot already mounted. It is almost, but not quite, as accurate as the B22 FV-SR. The rifle may be as accurate, but I was not when shooting it because the A22 "Accutrigger" feels nothing like an Accutrigger in the B22 or Mark II series of rifles. It's a lot heavier, gritty, and a lot less pleasurable to shoot than the B22 (bolt) series. I looked at these online yesterday and immediately thought that there is no way that I'd put money into the A22 version. The B22 on the other hand might be fun to shoot.

If you want to shoot base class with a Savage totaling near the limit of $1050, I'd probably get a B22 FV-SR instead and spend the extra on a better optic. But there is one thing that a sharp-eyed friend pointed out that could change the equation. He mentioned in the big rifles the red triggers will go down into the ounces. A one pound or less Accutrigger from the factory would certainly be a draw to this rifle. So I decided to wait for some reviews and see how it fairs before spending any money on one.

Here’s a CTD review on it. I have always hated Savage triggers, which is why I only own a MKII
    With a new trigger this could be interesting. Seems to shoot everything very well, although it was a 30yd target