• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

new scammer tactic

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Scammer are signing on with new accounts and all of them say,

From USA...

they are not from USA,

They try to place the IP address in NY / NJ, but it's coming from across the pond

Scammer are here, they are not going away, 3 accounts zapped just now all linked

Remember, there are NO Deals on the Internet,

If they tell you their friend has it, it's a lie

That thing you want, buy it from a shop

From USA...

they are not from USA,

They try to place the IP address in NY / NJ, but it's coming from across the pond

Scammer are here, they are not going away, 3 accounts zapped just now all linked

Well, you are pretty clear as usual but of course we love the px. Is there any way for the scammers to fake feedback? Seems with feedback and talking on the phone to the seller you'd still be good to go?

Reactions: Anb618

From USA...

they are not from USA,

The other red flag for me is when they don't seem to understand the difference between a City and a State.

yes, they will interact and pretend they were wronged

I found this batch because one complained in the Welcome PM, when I looked, I saw the account, followed it back, they didn't mask the initial IP, they masked the ones after so I was able to see, then follow it to the other accounts

Prob just Theis trying to score a new lawnmower… or the lease on his car is up?

• Haha
    Reactions: iceng
    yes, they will interact and pretend they were wronged

I found this batch because one complained in the Welcome PM, when I looked, I saw the account, followed it back, they didn't mask the initial IP, they masked the ones after so I was able to see, then follow it to the other accounts
    Wow, I didn't think you actually did that kind of stuff. You really made me feel inferior. I can't do jack crap with my company website and you're over here tracking scammers by IP address and finding other accounts..... so how many bow kills you got anyway?

Wow, I didn't think you actually did that kind of stuff. You really made me feel inferior. I can't do jack crap with my company website and you're over here tracking scammers by IP address and finding other accounts..... so how many bow kills you got anyway?
    I don't know what software SH uses; but with admin rights it's easy to see IP addresses used by accounts. Can see the IP address they registered from, IP addresses they've posted from, all that stuff.

ETA: I think you can see that info with moderator rights also, but that is dependent on what "rights" are given to Mods.

Websites they came from or have open at that IP lots of stuff you don't think/know about as a non admin user of a site.
    Thx for the heads up

Question out of curiosity, I would imagine commercial accounts here have been vetted , so if they are listed as commercial one would assume they can be trusted correct?

Question out of curiosity, I would imagine commercial accounts here have been vetted , so if they are listed as commercial one would assume they can be trusted correct?
    Yes, that's what he means by "buy it from a shop"

Reactions: TACC
    The problem with relying on feedback is accounts with lots of feedback have been hacked and people scammed. As far as talking on the phone if the dude sounds like Borat just hang up.

Some are not even trying

IMG_1959.png