• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Scenar-L, 175's REAL DEAL

Enough Said

Staff Sergeant Taylor
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 10, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    20 degrees today, heavy atmosphere, DA -2500, Sealevel.

Loaded three, five-round loads:

Vv N550 all
    Lapua brass, 2.005
    CCR 250 primer
    .337 bushing
    B2O; 2.263 all loads, which is .020 off in my TRG

45.9gr
    46.5gr
    47.0gr

The two best groups were 45.9 and 47.0 at .283 and .313.
    47.0 is *OVER max recommended load* for 175 SMK/VLD but I wanted to stretch my comfort zone with the cold temps, .020 off and light neck tension. I got only SLIGHT ejector shadow. No bolt-lift-effort.
    The 46.5 shot an appalling 1.0" group so it will never be seen again. ;-]]

I left the chrony at home because I would be in shadow of the mountains all morning and it would be useless. I wanted accuracy before speed. Will get speed later.

Suppressed. .338P-1 (Recently discontinued)

Loved working with these bullets. Beautiful. Tips on the Tangent side of Hybrid. Slightly sleeker than the 185 Scenar.
    See you at SHOT, Dave. :wink:

Buy them and ENJOY.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
      photo 1.JPG
      726.2 KB · Views: 20
    • photo 3.JPG
      photo 3.JPG
      553.9 KB · Views: 21
    • photo 2.JPG
      photo 2.JPG
      661.1 KB · Views: 22
    Reactions: TikkaSebbe
    Nice shooting and thanks for the review. I may pick up a box or two to try.

By the way, a magnetospeed chrono even works with zero light. :)

Good news! I just bought 1k betting on the come.
    But I already had good success with the 136 and 220s so not too much gamble there.
    Thanks for your post.
    Anybody loading these with 4064?

That first pic really made me so glad I live in Florida.....

Midway had these on clearance once (one box of 1K for $389) needless to say I was all over that deal.

I tried them in my 30-06 1-10 twist and was not supper impressed with them, I do better with 178 Amax's. But I only tried my Amax load with them, I need to spend a little more time to see if I can find a good work up.

I think they would do better for me if I had a 1 - 11.25 twist, 1-10 might be a wee bit too fast for them.

Those ARE a new-ish Bullet. You sure you got them on clearance? No reason to go poppin' off like that...

Poppin off? What like this?
    Scenar-L, bud. 175 grain. NEW RELEASE.

Since everyone thinks I am full of shit, here is a screen shot of the invoice from Midway.... Notice the price is $111 less than their price on their website.

Lapua Scenar-L Bullets 30 Cal (308 Diameter) 175 Grain Jacketed Hollow

invoice.jpg

So yeah, I am pretty sure I bought a box of Scenar-L's on clearance from Midway. Maybe it was the end of one lot and they just got a new lot in and did not want to mix them??? I have no idea why it was on clearance.

I suppose next I will need to show you guys the target that I shot where the group was not so great because I am obviously lying about that as well because these bullets cant shoot bad.... right?

I do have the target, it is in my load work up book if you really need to see it.

Need a picture of the gun too to prove I own one?

Fuck fellas... Lighten up!