• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt and Bender DT II+/MT II with .05 MIL Turrets

AIAW

★★★★★
Minuteman
  • Aug 16, 2001
    Central Texas
    Just released earlier this week.

I just inked up on one of these new S&B DT II+/MT II offerings - got to say I am looking forward to it.

1573144312555.png

39 MILs total elevation travel, .05 MIL increments. That's right, 39 MILs of mechanical travel in this beast. 27x will make that LRR-MIL reticle really shine at distance I believe. This is going on an AW50, so mechanical travel is welcomed.

According to Jason at EuroOptic, this will be standard on MT II turrets along with an elevated travel range from some over existing DT models.

Getting accustom to dialing .05 is going to take a bit of work when behind this optic initially, but I don't see that as a problem long-term of course.

Looking at that is giving me a migrane already trying to process what Im seeing.

Im guessing what looks like "40" is actually "4.0"?

Correct. Yeah, it's a little much visually but should get "fast" with time. Busy, but it has a purpose one could say. Basically insert a decimal one digit left! It's a lot of resolution in such a high-travel optic. Highest on the market currently.

Correct. Yeah, it's a little much visually but should get "fast" with time. Busy, but it has a purpose one could say. Basically insert a decimal one digit left! It's a lot of resolution in such a high-travel optic. Highest on the market currently.
    Oh, its "centimeters at 100 meters", not "mils". Same thing but a different unit display. Now the labeling is making sense. Just need to read more carefully.

Oh, its "centimeters at 100 meters", not "mils". Same thing but a different unit display. Now the labeling is making sense. Just need to read more carefully.

Well at fault I did fail to indicate that, but yeah.

Let the religious wars of those who condemn linear measurements as opposed to the sacred angular measurements begin HA!

The new S&B turrets are legit. Most full featured turrets on the market (in my opinion). You are gonna like that scope AIAW.

Couple of quick notes for general consumption: The "DT II+" and "MT II" are two different turrets. Pictured above is the MT II with .05 mil clicks.

The DT II+ is a .1 mil per click turret that is a two turn marked lower profile turret than the pictured "MT II". Both turrets have a sliding lock at the base of the turret that has 3 positions: Locked (indicated by red in the little window low on the turret), unlocked with MTC (indicated by green in the little window) and unlocked without MTC (indicated by black in the little window). An option for everyone in other words ha! Only note I have on the lever/slider is maybe it is harder to operate if you have a rail/Raptar combo going, but it's probably no big deal.

The DT II+ turret is more legible than the older push/pull locking low pro turret (like on the Ultra Shorts), and comes in a 27 mil/2 turn version...though there are likely others like a 35 or whatever.

I grabbed a 5-25 DT II+ from EuroOptic and it is an awesome turret. Based on my experience so far with that, I ordered a 3-20 Ultra Short with the DT II+ turrets. The clicks are dead accurate (as far as lining up) and feel terrific. They also feel different/better than previous S&B clicks, which I believe makes sense as it is a new mechanism. This is my favorite turret at the moment because of the feel and the options it gives you (I am a person that likes locking turrets and MTC if available it must be noted). That is compared to TT, other S&B, ZCO and NF (all excellent in their own right).

Those MT II turrets are awesome too for what they are. Takes some getting used to as far as reading the turret (and your data), but they provide a really precise dialing option and as noted have huge travel available. There is also a more spaced/legible 29.5 mil version available (possibly others?). Not my cup of tea (.1 mil resolution and 27 mils available is all I need at the moment), but they are an awesome turret and I can see where they would be useful. Also it has really cool indicators for what rev. you are on. Both the numbers in the window up top and a series of buttons/nubs that protrude from the top of the turret. Definitely nice, especially for a turret where you are most likely to use more than one turn at a higher rate than some other turrets ha!

Pending some longer term use, a huge thumbs up for the new turrets. Great work S&B. If anyone is considering checking these out on a new Schmidt, I highly recommend it. Jason at EuroOptic knows all about these and their availability across the model range if you are looking for someone to ask questions to.

-TSean

The new S&B turrets are legit. Most full featured turrets on the market (in my opinion). You are gonna like that scope AIAW.

Couple of quick notes for general consumption: The "DT II+" and "MT II" are two different turrets. Pictured above is the MT II with .05 mil clicks.

The DT II+ is a .1 mil per click turret that is a two turn marked lower profile turret than the pictured "MT II". Both turrets have a sliding lock at the base of the turret that has 3 positions: Locked (indicated by red in the little window low on the turret), unlocked with MTC (indicated by green in the little window) and unlocked without MTC (indicated by black in the little window). An option for everyone in other words ha! Only note I have on the lever/slider is maybe it is harder to operate if you have a rail/Raptar combo going, but it's probably no big deal.

The DT II+ turret is more legible than the older push/pull locking low pro turret (like on the Ultra Shorts), and comes in a 27 mil/2 turn version...though there are likely others like a 35 or whatever.

I grabbed a 5-25 DT II+ from EuroOptic and it is an awesome turret. Based on my experience so far with that, I ordered a 3-20 Ultra Short with the DT II+ turrets. The clicks are dead accurate (as far as lining up) and feel terrific. They also feel different/better than previous S&B clicks, which I believe makes sense as it is a new mechanism. This is my favorite turret at the moment because of the feel and the options it gives you (I am a person that likes locking turrets and MTC if available it must be noted). That is compared to TT, other S&B, ZCO and NF (all excellent in their own right).

Those MT II turrets are awesome too for what they are. Takes some getting used to as far as reading the turret (and your data), but they provide a really precise dialing option and as noted have huge travel available. There is also a more spaced/legible 29.5 mil version available (possibly others?). Not my cup of tea (.1 mil resolution and 27 mils available is all I need at the moment), but they are an awesome turret and I can see where they would be useful. Also it has really cool indicators for what rev. you are on. Both the numbers in the window up top and a series of buttons/nubs that protrude from the top of the turret. Definitely nice, especially for a turret where you are most likely to use more than one turn at a higher rate than some other turrets ha!

Pending some longer term use, a huge thumbs up for the new turrets. Great work S&B. If anyone is considering checking these out on a new Schmidt, I highly recommend it. Jason at EuroOptic knows all about these and their availability across the model range if you are looking for someone to ask questions to.

-TSean

Very nice. Thanks for the clarification. The selectable MTC function is pretty sweet. Without it in hand yet I really only had the info that Jason and I discussed. To find out that it has even more functionality is definitely a bonus!

Reactions: TSean
    So 40.00-40.05-41.00-41.05-42.00-42.05-43.00-43.05-44.00-44.05-45.00, wow this will lead to many to alzheimer's like symptoms while spinning that dial.

Oh it's way more clicky than that... It's .05 MIL "per click"!

...40.00, 40.05, 40.10, 40.15, 40.20, 40.25, 40.30, 40.35, 40.40, 40.45..........

Can someone please explain that turret? Wtf

Let me preface that I hate talking in clicks but it's a necessary evil in this case to convey how it functions.

It's not too bad... Just a lot of spinning. Finding what you need to end up on isn't terrible. Look at the top of the elevation turret. It's .05 CM/100 Meters.

Basically you just put a decimal one place the left to make it easier to comprehend. If you wanted to dial 9.8 MILs you'd end up on 90.8. The only thing to remember that is each click is not .1 MILs like is common - it's half of that - .05.

To dial 1 MIL, you need to input 20 "clicks".

The benefit, double the resolution. Example: At 2500 yards you would have 4.5" per-click of resolution instead of 9" per-click.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Pbgt and TSean
    Can someone please explain that turret? Wtf
    Just add a decimal point so that the last number is a tenthand you have the mil value. 120 as displayed on the turret with the decimal becomes 12.0 and is twelve mils. 8 mils per revolution it seems. And then each line up is the next revolutions value, and the rev counter let’s you know which line you’re on. Would have been better if the pic was on 0 instead of half way around on 4 mils. Well actually 20.0 mils since the revolution counter is showing it’s on the third.
    It’s just got four revolutions all in one go so I assume that if someone wanted to shoot extreme long range and builds enough cant into the scope base you can go way the hell out there and this arrangement is how they get it all right there in front of you since size isn’t necessarily a factor.

Oh it's way more clicky than that... It's .05 MIL "per click"!

...40.00, 40.05, 40.10, 40.15, 40.20, 40.25, 40.30, 40.35, 40.40, 40.45..........

Yup I realize that but when I typed my response brain fart !!!
    That dial has mind fucked me already

Yup I realize that but when I typed my response brain fart !!!
    That dial has mind fucked me already

I don’t think any of us would have a problem with it for LR/ELR work. A few hours on it, fully acclimated. A new shooter perhaps not a good choice.

Definitely not something you’d show up to a PRS match with.

Reactions: Bravo6niner

-TSean

Got any pics of your dt ii+ turrets? I'm def interested in one with a grid reticle

Got any pics of your dt ii+ turrets? I'm def interested in one with a grid reticle

Hey Huskydriver,

They have good pics on the EuroOptic site (go to Schmidt and Bender —> PM2 —> 5-25x56 —> 5-25 MTC LT Black. Then it’s at the bottom, the one with the MSR2 reticle).

A couple pics of mine attached. (assuming the attachments work). Just a great turret size as well.

Hope that helps bud. Have a good one!

-TSean

Attachments

• 114E8626-A15B-4BBB-968B-A368D95E0D7E.png
      114E8626-A15B-4BBB-968B-A368D95E0D7E.png
      1.9 MB · Views: 350
    • 4CF22318-FB32-4F18-A137-DC5F0D731D26.png
      4CF22318-FB32-4F18-A137-DC5F0D731D26.png
      1.5 MB · Views: 358
    Hey Huskydriver,

They have good pics on the EuroOptic site (go to Schmidt and Bender —> PM2 —> 5-25x56 —> 5-25 MTC LT Black. Then it’s at the bottom, the one with the MSR2 reticle).

A couple pics of mine attached. (assuming the attachments work). Just a great turret size as well.

-TSean

Those turrets look nice... What is the red slot?

I believe it's

Red = turret locked
    Back= turret unlocked with mtc disabled
    Green= turret unlocked with mtc on

I'm going to pick one of these up with .1 clicks and a gr2id reticle

Excellent. I'm gonna have to come check it out

Can't say I've ever felt like I've ever needed 0.05 mil turrets.

More options are always a good thing, but don't think I'll ever be picking up a scope with 0.05 mil turrets any time soon. Don't see the need. Not with my PRS or ELR .300NM rig.

Reactions: AIAW
    Excellent. I'm gonna have to come check it out

Hi Long Range 338,

Husky driver is correct on what that little window shows. For a more detailed explanation: You can't see it in the picture, but there is a three position slide lock at the base of the elevation turret (also on the windage turret although that one is 2 position locked/unlocked with no MTC except for on "0"...I am pretty sure anyways).

Lets say that we are behind the gun normally viewing the turret from 6 o'clock (where the mark indicating what click you are on is). When the turret is locked (red in the window), the slide-lock is at 12 o'clock. If you move it one position counter clockwise to about 10 o'clock , then the window shows green and the turret is unlocked with MTC on. If you move it one more position CCW (fully to one side or around 8:30), then the window shows black and the turret is unlocked with MTC off.

Hope that makes sense. It is easy to use in practice, even if a bit "new". Don't quote me on the exact position of each position of the slide-lock, but that should be pretty close ha!

-TSean

Finally! Now the .22 may have the resolution needed to zero, and the big bore will be more aptly paired too!

No more hunting for a SFP Hensoldt 6-24 with the .05mil turrets! Well, ok, maybe a little...that eyebox!

The .5cm idea seems nice on paper....keep us posted!

Last edited:
    Hi Long Range 338,

Husky driver is correct on what that little window shows. For a more detailed explanation: You can't see it in the picture, but there is a three position slide lock at the base of the elevation turret (also on the windage turret although that one is 2 position locked/unlocked with no MTC except for on "0"...I am pretty sure anyways).

Lets say that we are behind the gun normally viewing the turret from 6 o'clock (where the mark indicating what click you are on is). When the turret is locked (red in the window), the slide-lock is at 12 o'clock. If you move it one position counter clockwise to about 10 o'clock , then the window shows green and the turret is unlocked with MTC on. If you move it one more position CCW (fully to one side or around 8:30), then the window shows black and the turret is unlocked with MTC off.

Hope that makes sense. It is easy to use in practice, even if a bit "new". Don't quote me on the exact position of each position of the slide-lock, but that should be pretty close ha!

-TSean

Thanks for the additional info. I'm a big fan of MTC turrets so the low profile turrets with the added features look really nice.

Hey Huskydriver,

-TSean

That is very nice and clean. I like the numbering - like a geriatric TV remote, hehe.

• Haha
    Reactions: Huskydriver
    I believe it's

Red = turret locked
    Back= turret unlocked with mtc disabled

I'm going to pick one of these up with .1 clicks and a gr2id reticle
    That sounds like a solid combo.

I believe it's

Red = turret locked
    Black= turret unlocked with mtc disabled

If that's correct, that's awesome. Being able to have locking, standard clicks, and MTC clicks in the same turret is really nice.

In the pic Tsean posted I also like how S&B rotated the zero mark for the windage turret upwards so you can easily see it from the top and verify your windage is at zero without having to scoot your head over to look around the scope ring.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Hey Huskydriver,

-TSean

Those turrets look really nice, I like that they marked every .1 on the windage. I think the DT turrets are only marked for every .2. Looks like slightly more spacing in the turrets too.

I've been itching to try a S&B might be time now...

Doesnt the SB 5-45 already have 35 mils total elevation travel?

I was thinking of the turrents with the finer adjustments.
    Once you push all the way up to 45x and are looking at something pretty far away 0.1 Mil is a big difference in actual linear measurements at the end point. even if it seems small in angular numbers. Even the P4F reticle center seems huge at 45x

I was thinking of the turrents with the finer adjustments.
    Once you push all the way up to 45x and are looking at something pretty far away 0.1 Mil is a big difference in actual linear measurements at the end point. even if it seems small in angular numbers. Even the P4F reticle center seems huge at 45x

True, and ELR my intended purpose for the 3-27x .05 MIL. LRR-MIL is nice in a 5-45x now that they have them.

For ELR, that extra turret resolution adds up of course. Any variable you can tweak in equipment or otherwise is a positive.

Essentially it is similar to reducing your SD, which will show very quickly with range.

Per “click”:

1000 yards = 1.8” resolution versus 3.6”
    1760 yards = 3.2” resolution versus 6.3"
    2500 yards = 4.5" resolution versus 9.0"
    3500 yards = 6.3” resolution versus 12.6"

Received the scope today. Figured I would scan the included turret supplement guide since it's not available online anywhere.

MTC lockout is nice, along with the tactile pins that protrude to let you know which revolution you are in. Overall pretty slick.

Attachments

• S&B New Turrets.pdf
      2.7 MB · Views: 136
    Received the scope today. Figured I would scan the included turret supplement guide since it's not available online anywhere.

MTC lockout is nice, along with the tactile pins that protrude to let you know which revolution you are in. Overall pretty slick.

Thanks for the PDF.

Leave it to ze Germans to overcomplicate the shit out of scope turrets, but those are pretty damn cool. Locking, MTC, and non-MTC all in the same turret should make nearly everyone happy. Need to play with some in person!

I'd love to see how S&B implemented the window and tactile pins for the multi-turn elevation turret-- the little windows show 1 to 5 for the current revolution and 1 pin pops out for every revolution up from zero. Bet there's a lot going on inside and you *really* don't want to loosen the wrong setscrew when zeroing...

Last edited:
    Reactions: AIAW
    Thanks for the PDF.

Leave it to ze Germans to overcomplicate the shit out of scope turrets, but those are pretty damn cool. Locking, MTC, and non-MTC all in the same turret should make nearly everyone happy. Need to play with some in person!

I'd love to see how S&B implemented the window and tactile pins for the multi-turn elevation turret-- the little windows show 1 to 5 for the current revolution and 1 pin pops out for every revolution up from zero. Bet there's a lot going on inside...

Yep, I am sure it‘s a crazy Rube Goldberg of ramps and springs in there. I sure won’t pop the third set screw off to find out, hehe. The "regular" DT II+ is a bit more simple, as TSean posted images of earlier.