• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New Schmidt & Bender PM2 6-36x56

Just Macca

Mealteam 6
Minuteman
May 13, 2013
Australia
E5F8EF2A-9F0E-44C0-A4C7-A83E9D09E7FE.jpeg
Apologies if this has been covered, but couldn’t find anything.

Weight (g)940-995
Length (mm)390
Tube diameter (mm)34
Magnification6-36
Objective lens diameter (mm)56
Field of view (m)7,3–1,25
Exit pupil (mm)8,3–1,6
Eye relief distance (mm)90
Twilight factor17,3–44,9
Transmission>90
Focal plane1.
Diopter–3 to +2
AdjustmentDT27 MTC LT / ST ZC CT
Adjustment value/Click0.1 MRAD
Elevation (Turret)27 MRAD
Windage (Turret)±6 MRAD
AdjustmentDT35 MTC LT / ST ZC CT
Elevation (Turret)35 MRAD
Windage (Turret)±6 MRAD
AdjustmentDT II+ MTC LT / ST II ZC LT
Elevation (Turret)30.5 MRAD
Windage (Turret)±6 MRAD
AdjustmentMT II MTC LT / DT II+ ZC LT
Adjustment value/Click0,5 cm/100 m
Elevation (Turret)395 cm/100 m
Windage (Turret)65 cm/100 m
Parallax adjustment20 m bis ∞
Illuminationyes
Waterproof (m)3 (10 / 20 / 25 on request)
Temperature range
Storage–55 bis +71 °C
Function–46 bis +61 °C
Turret Typescw/ccw
ColorsBlack / RAL8000
ReticlesP5FL, GR²ID

They should've stuck with the parallax tumour.
Athlon would be ashamed to put that knob on a scope.

It’s literally the same knob as the tumor. Just on the parallax.

Function wise, it’s much harder to accidentally activate illumination when the knob isn’t about the same size as the parallax. Unless locking like vortex and such.

Misses the mark for me. Nothing on here that would make me switch to include the reticle. Capped windage? Why? 14 mils on the first rev? Why? My biggest problem with Schmidt in the past has been the turrets. The clicks are so fine and so close together it’s very difficult to accurately dial quickly. I wish they would make an H2CMR with a center dot and .2 makes on the vertical stadia. That would get me to take a harder look. For what I’m guessing the price is going to be on this I can’t see the reason to not just get a zco or a tangent.

Misses the mark for me. Nothing on here that would make me switch to include the reticle. Capped windage? Why? 14 mils on the first rev? Why? My biggest problem with Schmidt in the past has been the turrets. The clicks are so fine and so close together it’s very difficult to accurately dial quickly. I wish they would make an H2CMR with a center dot and .2 makes on the vertical stadia. That would get me to take a harder look. For what I’m guessing the price is going to be on this I can’t see the reason to not just get a zco or a tangent.

You would love the Kahles 5-25 DLR and its turrets then.

I have seen them and think that’s the direction competition turrets should be going. Leupold I believe is coming out with a similar turret.

I don’t believe so.

Check the new 2022 catalogue. IT was the 5-20x50 PM II US.

In 2022 Schmidt & Bender launches newly developed features for our most popular
riflescopes 5-20x50 PM II Ultra Short, 5-25x56 PM II and 3-27x56 PM II High Power.
The new features incorporate professional customer feedback and significantly enhances
our high-performance riflescopes. All new features can be ordered
today and have already been approved by various military and police units.

5-20x50 PM II ULTRA SHORT WITH “LPI” AND NEW MAGNIFICATION RING
5-25x56 PM II WITH ULTRA FLAT DOUBLE TURN (DT27), NEW OCULAR DESIGN AND P5FL RETICLE

The 5-20x50 PM II Ultra Short now features our new “LPI”
which stands for the German words “Leucht-Parallaxe
Integriert” which means „Illumination Parallax Integrated“.
This new and very easily operable illumination control is integrated
into the parallax adjustment and allows a better mounting solution. It also enables a better left handed use.
Although being very compact the illumination and the parallax adjustment show the familiar features: on the outer side the smaller and easy to operate illumination knob has 11 functional steps with “off” positions between each step. The bigger knob which is next to the
tube operates the very precise side focus/parallax adjustment.
It begins at 25 m/27 yd for close distances and goes up to infinity. Both knobs are clearly
distinguished by size and rippling while the engravings of each turret can be read or adjusted while in shooting position
– also with gloves.

2. Magnification Ring
The newly designed magnification
ring which enables a better grip and can also accommodate
due to its deep grooves our Throw Lever
(see page 34).

Yes I know. You said 5-25x56 PMII.

I do like that low profile turret. Never understood why elevation turrets needed to stick up three inches.

Reactions: deersniper
I do like that low profile turret. Never understood why elevation turrets needed to stick up three inches.

I’m 50/50. I like the idea.

But I have a 5-45 sitting right here. And it’s not as easy to turn as a larger.

It is available with the DT II + turrets, which are among the best out there.
Reticle selection is another matter though.

I'm pretty sure S&B will add more reticles, or if you customer order.

In all honesty I think S&B sometimes even have too many reticles to chose from, LOL.

I use GR2ID and MSR2. One with MIL-LRR as well, that dot is tiny.

Is this, the new ZCO, and Razor HD3 a response to the NF 7-35x?
And if so, what is this optic doing the S&P 5-45x56 couldn't

It's pretty clear the direction optic companies this year. Somebody wake me when the "big dogs" decide to get into mid-range variables that aren't 2lbs for hunting and small frame semi's.

It's pretty clear the direction optic companies this year. Somebody wake me when the "big dogs" decide to get into mid-range variables that aren't 2lbs for hunting and small frame semi's.

6x erector is prolly cheaper than a 9x, the scope is more compact and I have a feeling it will replace the 5-25.

Reactions: dms416

I’d say it’s more of the technology is good enough at a suitable price point to make large magnification ranges possible.

So, it's more of an optical arms race thing...as these companies tend to do than a requirement the market asked for (ELR?, PRS?)?

more-kylo-ren.gif

Well, I mean…..I doubt the community will say no to tons of magnification if the quality is still good.

And for the companies that make our niche optics, it would be a complete 180 to make small mag hunting rifles and such.

Well, I mean…..I doubt the community will say no to tons of magnification if the quality is still good.

And for the companies that make our niche optics, it would be a complete 180 to make small mag hunting rifles and such.
TT and ZCO, yes niche'
NF...eh, kinda
Vortex and S&B...not niche' at all (just very compartmentalized)

In EU or here :ROFLMAO: I would have a 5-45 LRR-Mil and a 3-27 MSR2 if not for the price differences for US. And would've kept my ZCO if it had one of those reticles, or something else with "the thinness".

6x erector is prolly cheaper than a 9x, the scope is more compact and I have a feeling it will replace the 5-25.

Cheaper and also eye box etc. will be betterer, plus more compact and less complex.

The 5-25 is "forever" so don't think it will go away, but the 6-36 is the new Black. Almost no difference on the low-end, but 25 to 36x makes a difference and "nice to have".

Reactions: YotaEer
In EU or here :ROFLMAO: I would have a 5-45 LRR-Mil and a 3-27 MSR2 if not for the price differences for US. And would've kept my ZCO if it had one of those reticles, or something else with "the thinness".

Here obviously. Just wondering as everyone is “I want one!” until the price comes out. Lol

Reactions: Nik H
Here obviously. Just wondering as everyone is “I want one!” until the price comes out. Lol

If they want it to even be considered it's got to come in at zco pricing at a minimum. If its priced like the 327 or 1245 forget it.

I absolutely love the dtii+ turrets on my 520 us's. If they put an msr2 in the 636 and it's priced at zco money. I'll probably sell my zco527 to have msr2 reticles across all my rifles