• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope- Burris MTAC mil/mil

Red_SC

Redheaded Stepchild
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2003
Florence, SC
I just got a heads-up about a new offering from Burris. A year or so ago they came out with the Tac-30 1-4x, and I bought one of the first ones for 3 gun. It has exceeded my expectations significantly. Soon afterwards they came out with the MTAC, which was an upgrade to the TAC30. Now it appears they're offering it in higher powers, mil/mil, at a great price point. Anybody tried one out yet?

http://www.burrisoptics.com/mtac.html

http://swfa.com/Burris-35-10x42-MTAC-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P53422.aspx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For long-range tactical shooting, choose from the MTAC 3.5-10x-42mm, 4.5x-14x-42mm and 6.5x-20x-50mm all with adjustable parallax. The three scopes come with the feature-rich G2B Mil-Dot reticle for precise aiming, distance measurement, holdover and hold off. They are equipped with the new MTAC Mil-Rad knobs with finger-adjustable/resettable dials for windage and elevation.

Any of the new MTAC scopes are also ideal for precision big game hunting. Each delivers optical performance that is virtually identical to ultra-premium scopes. All lenses are precision ground optical glass that is index matched, multi-coated with HiLume™ for clear, sharp high resolution images.</div></div>

mtac35x10x42.jpg

G2B.jpg

Re: New scope- Burris MTAC mil/mil

I notice this on their website and am interested too. I haven't found anybody who has seen one.

Something else I noticed on the website is that they are no longer offering the Signature line - bummer.

I have looked through this scope and it is not bad at all. Clear and the rect is very usable. Quickdraw40 on here has one for his son to shoot and it is not bad. Have to get him to chip in for a more thorough review, but I do have a Burris 6-20, and have always been pleased with Burris products. I know he was ravinga about it at the last match I saw him at.

Regards,
DT

the burris mtac scopes are pretty nice, i've run that 1-4 mtac a little, and it's a tough scope to beat for the price.

i have been happy with every burris i have looked thru. but why do so many makers,esp,burris not put an AO/SF on their higher mag scopes? i relly want a bl.diamond 3-12 but it only comes with illumin,which i don't want or need. the rest have AO. am i still not getting it re need for AO,at least >10x?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FFP or SFP? </div></div>

It appears to be SFP.

On the burris site it says "They are equipped with the new MTAC Mil-Rad knobs with finger-adjustable/resettable dials for windage and elevation."

Anyone know if these are similar to the xtr tactical knobs or old fullfield II tac knobs? I search and couldn't find anything on it.

Also interested in this offering for a trainer. Anyone know or have the details on how close the parallax will go? Are these made in the USA?

It looks like from the picts it goes down to 10yds... That would be prefect

I have a 6.5-20 at home, I will post answers/pictures tonight.

I got a Burris MTAC 1by24 yesterday from Midway went to range today,the illuminated reticte kept going out as I was shooting. It was made in Phippilines.Called Burris they said Ineed to pay shipping to them,I said its new. Called Midway, they will exchange and reimburse shipping.Opticsplanet has better return system.Blaster

What is the Burris Mtac 1x24? You mean 1-4X24? I was hoping these would be made in the USA...

I just receive the 1-4X24 seems to be a nice scope, the ILL seems to be fine for use in bright daylight, not aimpoint bright but hardly anything is. I need to get a cat tail for it but so far I like it. It has a really long built in sunshade, glass is really good. I hope the ILL doesnt short out like yours does.

Anyone? <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kennypowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On the burris site it says "They are equipped with the new MTAC Mil-Rad knobs with finger-adjustable/resettable dials for windage and elevation."

Anyone know if these are similar to the xtr tactical knobs or old fullfield II tac knobs? I search and couldn't find anything on it. </div></div>

Thanks,
Kennypowers

For what its worth I have 2 different XTR burris scopes and love them both. Compared to other Leupold and IORs that I own I would put the XTR up against any of them. So based on that I may try a MTAC as well in my search for Mil/mil

Does anyone know if the Fullfield II sunshades will fit?

I put in an order Friday for a 3.5-10x from SWFA, and it's showing backordered.

have 4.5-14. very clear and bright. currently have nothing to put it on. was on the master sporter i sold and seemed just fine for the little i used it. for myself,i would have paid 10-20% more for SF. that said,i think it's a keeper. esp,for a range gun where reaching up front to dial is not a big deal.

has anyone experienced the 3.5-10x scope and have any feedback?