• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New scope for old eyes

javy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2011
Texas
I am 65 now and have corrected vision. Currently using a Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 on a 6.5 creed hunting rifle.
The bushnell is a fine optic and have killed many animals with it but in low light I can’t see the reticle or the numbers on the turrets. It is good in daylight.
My budget is around 1800.
I have come to the realization that I need more magnification and a illuminated reticle.
After looking and searching in my price range I have narrowed it down to Trijicon Tenmile or Athlon Cronus.
Both of these are bigger than what I really want but it is what it is.
I have been reading good things about the Trijicon.
I have owned Razors, NXS, Bushnells, Gen 1 Cronus and others.
Am I missing something somewhere???
Really want clean glass, illuminated reticle and good magnification.

Thanks guys

I am 65 now and have corrected vision. Currently using a Bushnell LRTS 3-12x44 on a 6.5 creed hunting rifle.
The bushnell is a fine optic and have killed many animals with it but in low light I can’t see the reticle or the numbers on the turrets. It is good in daylight.
My budget is around 1800.
I have come to the realization that I need more magnification and a illuminated reticle.
After looking and searching in my price range I have narrowed it down to Trijicon Tenmile or Athlon Cronus.
Both of these are bigger than what I really want but it is what it is.
I have been reading good things about the Trijicon.
I have owned Razors, NXS, Bushnells, Gen 1 Cronus and others.
Am I missing something somewhere???
Really want clean glass, illuminated reticle and good magnification.

Thanks guys

Just went with the Vortex Razor LHT 4.5-22 for the same reasons. I have not hunted with it yet but I am sure it is going to be a huge improvement for my old eye....

For the turrets I order white labels with black numbers. A heck of a lot easier to see.

Last edited:
An option for turret visibility no matter what you end up with:

Reactions: Holliday
maybe time to try a sfp scope if the rets are what's giving you a problem all my ffp scopes unless I am using full power I could not really make out the rets , But my sfp scopes they stay the same no matter what mag I am using turrets will be a problem unto them self I use my bi focal lenses on my glasses to sort of make that out made easier by a white paper with self made marks on it for my different ranges .

I've the same basic issue, and went with a Nightforce NX8 2.5-20. I have "0" regret it's a terrific scope.

Attachments

• Nightforce 2.5-20.jpeg
    Nightforce 2.5-20.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 36
Looking at Nightforce as well. Thinking the 4-16x42 for a hunting rifle.

If you like your bushy glass then get a 4.5-18 LRHSi.

I’ve got 2 and love them.

Considered that as well. Looking for shorter overall length and more compact illumination turret. The Bushnell LRTS and LRHS scopes are nice optics for the money spent.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I’d second the vortex razor Iv got the 3-15 50 great glass and I love the illuminating dot plus it’s nice and light for carrying

Got new eyes today

Attachments

• 255321F8-B4DE-43A6-9E5D-2FA77986C7C5.jpeg
    255321F8-B4DE-43A6-9E5D-2FA77986C7C5.jpeg
    432.6 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: cjs88
Thanks. Think I will.
Where are you in Texas?
I am around College Station