• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope has arrived and I wasn’t prepared... lol

Fitz

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2004
    Pearland, Texas
    Well, I received a nice little care package today from @CSTactical.... I can honestly say I was not prepared for how awesome the ZCO ZC527 is. I know it’s been said many times just how awesome these top tier scopes are but man. From the turret feel, the knurled surfaces, the focus ring, the damn eye box is awesome and even the size of the font on the adjustment markings is great for 47 year old eyes. This thing is incredible. I will slap this baby on my AIAX tonight.

I am looking forward to hitting the range while I was on vacation for the next two weeks. It’s gonna have to wait until this coming weekend unfortunately as I have to grab a last min flight back to California as my parents were attacked by a pair of pit bulls while walking their little dog. My mom was knocked down while she was attempting to hold her dog up int he air. She is a bit bruised up and my father who managed to beat the dogs off of their dog with his Irish walking stick is rattled as you can imagine. They are in their 70’s. So I’m gonna go help them find the owners as well as some justice for them. Their little dog survived. Tough little bastard. 11 puncture wounds and 10 drain tubes. Time to go collect $4700 in vet bills for them.

Anyway, I will post some pics of the completed rig once I get it mounted up.
    Thanks again to Richard @CSTactical for making this all happen. I sincerely appreciate it.

AB0A2DE2-4175-4A5E-89F9-C2F88A087A81.jpeg
    0DBAEAB9-C22F-46D1-BDA3-2063D0200C3A.jpeg
    580C522C-9CD4-4C37-8DFC-88E80AF85E1B.jpeg
    445D222F-6498-4D3A-98B4-17F21C4C8646.jpeg
    1F8FEBA0-DE7F-4EE5-99A7-EA17E46C5F1E.jpeg

And to my little buddy Mitchell, see you soon bud, hang in there!!!
    F1B63B4B-AD08-4DEC-97DA-EA80873C59CA.jpeg
    BADAB3E9-6C04-41AF-A4F0-DF134450DB6C.jpeg

@Fitz glad you're loving the ZCO, our condolences for your parent's pup. :cry: I hope you find the owners of the offending animals and they
    resolve things without a headache.

We will work it out one way or another. I won’t be leaving until we come to a resolution involving repaying my parents and then how they plan to prevent this from happening again. My parents live on a block where hundreds of elementary age children walk to and from school every day. What’s next, a child? I’m sure the owners don’t want trouble and I’m sure they are wondering how one of their dogs has a huge knot on its head and the other is missing teeth. Pops got some good ones in.... ?

Reactions: CSTactical
    Wow that’s one tough dog. Hope he recovers well. ZCO’ s are excellent. Surpassed my expectations, and CS Tactical are the best. Would recommend to anyone to do business with them.

Wonderful that you're taking care of your parents and family pets. If perhaps i might offer some thoughts....please stay calm, thoughtful, professional, prudent and non judgmental as you work this out. I know you know this already but sometimes it's really hard.

Congratulations by the way on that awesome scope.

Reactions: Fitz
    Wonderful that you're taking care of your parents and family pets. If perhaps i might offer some thoughts....please stay calm, thoughtful, professional, prudent and non judgmental as you work this out. I know you know this already but sometimes it's really hard.

Congratulations by the way on that awesome scope.

Thank you for looking out for that. I am good. I am usually pretty calm these days. I am actually flying in to make sure Pops doesn’t lose his Irish temper.... lol. He wants to go shoot the dogs already, lol.

I just moved to Texas and one of my fears was something like this happening. My latest work assignment was supposed to take me from China which is where I spent the last year working to Singapore for 5 years. That fell through and allowed me to relocate to Texas. So I’m very grateful I am only a 3.5 hour flight away now.

Here she is all dolled up and ready for the ball. Can’t wait to get her out and dirty. I love how the addition of the Victor Company fore-end allows you to get the scope a bit lower to the bore axis.

Thanks to all the vendors and sellers who helped make this possible for me. I sincerely appreciate it!

0FAD486F-5CB2-41E0-AEE6-38877973E805.jpeg
    69CC72AB-4C4F-4EA4-AA95-055F535535E5.jpeg
    D1B186C6-9133-42DA-972A-3A2E960A175B.jpeg

Man that is freaking bad a$$.

If you're anywhere near Dallas, give me a holler when you head to the range. I'd love to see one of the ZCO scopes in person.

Welcome to Texas. Pit Bulls have become way too popular here - personally I think they should be banned everywhere, but I do hope you'll get your situation resolved amicably.

Man that is freaking bad a$$.

If you're anywhere near Dallas, give me a holler when you head to the range. I'd love to see one of the ZCO scopes in person.

Welcome to Texas. Pit Bulls have become way too popular here - personally I think they should be banned everywhere, but I do hope you'll get your situation resolved amicably.

I am heading to CCC on Sunday with a coworker but I live in SE Houston.

Last edited:
    Damn, sorry to hear about your parents. I had a very similar incident happen with my 70 year old father. He was in his yard with his miniature labradoodle. Two off leash pitbulls came in to the yard and started attacking them both. Luckily he was armed and was able to put both pits down with a .357 mag before major damage was done to him. Needless to say I'm not a big fan of pits.

That ZCO is sick. I'd love to spend some time playing with one

Your AI and ZCO would "resolve" those pit bulls quite well, methinks... :mad:

My only option for this situation when I briefly lived in Cali was to wade in with my pocket knife and get the job done - and I almost had to do that once (luckily, not defending my dogs, but a friend's...). In the end, it comes down to the owner, either way - if they have a dog aggressive animal, they need to control it appropriately, and so many people don't.

Your AI and ZCO would "resolve" those pit bulls quite well, methinks... :mad:

My only option for this situation when I briefly lived in Cali was to wade in with my pocket knife and get the job done - and I almost had to do that once (luckily, not defending my dogs, but a friend's...). In the end, it comes down to the owner, either way - if they have a dog aggressive animal, they need to control it appropriately, and so many people don't.

My father had his walking stick, his Benchmade Bugout and a hand held taser. All fine and dandy but when the shit hit the fan all of his motor skills went out the window and the only thing he could draw on was baseball swinging his cane......

My father had his walking stick, his Benchmade Bugout and a hand held taser. All fine and dandy but when the shit hit the fan all of his motor skills went out the window and the only thing he could draw on was baseball swinging his cane......

That's how it goes, unfortunately. I'm glad he was able to prevent further damage, either way!

Update! Little Mitchell is healing up well. He was super excited to see me and ended up jumping up on the bed last night. It’s good to see my parents feeling better emotionally now that he is mending.

As for the owner of the attacking dogs. Apparently he is in the Air force attached to March AFB here in so cal. He contacted my parents on his own today and is wanting to pay them back so it was nice not to have to go beat his door down. He is completely devastated at the damage his dogs. We haven’t had a conversation regarding what he is going to do with his dogs yet to assure my parents this doesn’t happen again. Animal Control is now involved so it may end up being out of his hands anyway.

All in all it’s been a good day with a good outcome so far. He can’t afford to pay my parents all at once so my parents are working on a payment schedule with him. They have had several people in the neighborhood show their support including one who is an attorney who had agreed to helpmy parents if it had to go the legal route.

Thanks to everybody for their support and thank you to those who have messaged me in private encouraging me to stay calm and handle this like a business deal and not as an emotional one. I sincerely appreciate all of the guidance.

46AE9AEB-7849-4D5D-841B-6D0681393B22.jpeg

Happy to see your puppy doing well.You are in for some fun with that ZC scope enjoy it and God bless ya for taking care of that puppy.

Happy to see your puppy doing well.You are in for some fun with that ZC scope enjoy it and God bless ya for taking care of that puppy.

He is my parents pup and like their kid nowadays, lol. So it was an easy decision for them to make. Still, they are on a fixed income so I am helping with some of those expenses until the owner of the attacking dogs pays them in full.

Thank you for the kind words. I sincerely appreciate the support.

And, yes.... that ZCO is f’ng awesome. I can’t wait to get home an get her out on the range.

Good to see that things are working out. As a dog lover, I'm glad to see the little guy is mending.

As for the payment plan with the owner of the Pits, I would insist on that being in writing. Preferably drafted by an attorney, something like a promissory note. Him being in the Air Force, who knows when he has to up and move. At least he's taking responsibility for the actions of his dogs, as he should.

Good to see that things are working out. As a dog lover, I'm glad to see the little guy is mending.

As for the payment plan with the owner of the Pits, I would insist on that being in writing. Preferably drafted by an attorney, something like a promissory note. Him being in the Air Force, who knows when he has to up and move. At least he's taking responsibility for the actions of his dogs, as he should.

Good advice, I will talk to my parents about over In & Out for lunch....man I miss In & Out, LOL.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about this, and I'm glad everyone is doing better. As a pitbull owner this is one of my biggest fears/nightmares. I've raised all manner of animals, and I feel confident in my estimation of their character, but a pit's brain is something I can't quite figure out. I keep mine in a fenced backyard, or on a leash, and never let her be around other dogs without being socialized on a leash first. She's a great companion, and has been wonderful around everyone and their pets, but I don't trust her for a second.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about this, and I'm glad everyone is doing better. As a pitbull owner this is one of my biggest fears/nightmares. I've raised all manner of animals, and I feel confident in my estimation of their character, but a pit's brain is something I can't quite figure out. I keep mine in a fenced backyard, or on a leash, and never let her be around other dogs without being socialized on a leash first. She's a great companion, and has been wonderful around everyone and their pets, but I don't trust her for a second.

I can honesty say is every Pit I’ve ever been around has been a lovey dovey gentle dog. I 100% attribute that to their owners as they owners themselves exhibit the same characteristics. I have no hard feelings towards the breed. I do fear theses dogs will commit the same act once again if ever out.

Mine is scared to death of her own shadow, but that's also what makes her unpredictable. She absolutely ques off people's attitude towards her. If you're scared of her, she's going to be scared and growl, but if you just ignore her for 5 minutes she will follow you anywhere begging to be petted. She's a big spoiled baby and 7 years old, but I'm still vigilant as I can be.

I'm glad the owner came forward. Down here in the south these dogs are pretty much an epidemic, and you probably wouldn't be as fortunate with the lazy owners found here.

you could always take that Zco off the AI and take it over and beat some dogs to death with it, wipe it off, and go shoot a match. IJS. In fact, better plan would be beat some dogs owner with it.

Glad to hear your parents' dog is healing up, and that they're ok. Hopefully things get sorted out amicably and lawyers won't have to get involved, unfortunately once money of that sum is involved, people with the best intentions tend to stop paying.

Let us know how the ZCO is once you get it out and do some shooting! I've had my eye on one for a while, hopefully I can swing one this year.

LOL! Best solution yet! If @gebhardt02 endorses such a test I could explore it. LOL, JK....

Look.. ive trained K9's for years. I own the best dog in the world (pit bull that wouldn't bite a ham sandwich). I paid $84 for him at 12 weeks old. He'll be 11 this year and he's worth more to me than all of the working dogs that were over $5k put together. I know what the APBT was bred for and what they are capable of. One of the hardest and best working dogs ive had the pleasure of working and knowing his whole life is a game bred APBT named Slick Back (Slick for short). He's had the dog aggression beaten out of him so he's not a real threat to other dogs. With that said, that breed was created as game dogs; to fight other animals including dogs. Its not their fault but for some people to think "iT's HoW tHeY aRe RaIsEd" is absolutely ridiculous. I can breed a litter of game bred dogs, give them to grannies around town, and those dogs are going to do what they do. Its natural and not their fault. There are too many retards with these type dogs, plain and simple. True game dogs are the best bred dogs in history. They as a breed have the least health issues and amazing physical attributes more so than any other breed of dog. They truely are a feat of american exceptionalism. With all that said, 99% of the people who own these amazing beasts are full on potato retarded. Sad but true. I dont blame those dogs 1 bit for what they did to your dog. I blame those dogs owner 100% for them having the access to do that to your parents and their pooch. Stick it to them. If the dogs end up getting put down b/c of it, so be it. Those folks deserve having their dogs taken from them, one way or another, due to their dumb asses putting those dogs in that situation. This situation could have ended a lot worse than it did, with your parents dog be damned. Your mom could've gotten killed. We've all seen it in the news. Ive seen what these dogs can do first hand b/c im training them to bite people in a controlled environment. Im just glad your family is ok.

Look.. ive trained K9's for years. I own the best dog in the world (pit bull that wouldn't bite a ham sandwich). I paid $84 for him at 12 weeks old. He'll be 11 this year and he's worth more to me than all of the working dogs that were over $5k put together. I know what the APBT was bred for and what they are capable of. One of the hardest and best working dogs ive had the pleasure of working and knowing his whole life is a game bred APBT named Slick Back (Slick for short). He's had the dog aggression beaten out of him so he's not a real threat to other dogs. With that said, that breed was created as game dogs; to fight other animals including dogs. Its not their fault but for some people to think "iT's HoW tHeY aRe RaIsEd" is absolutely ridiculous. I can breed a litter of game bred dogs, give them to grannies around town, and those dogs are going to do what they do. Its natural and not their fault. There are too many retards with these type dogs, plain and simple. True game dogs are the best bred dogs in history. They as a breed have the least health issues and amazing physical attributes more so than any other breed of dog. They truely are a feat of american exceptionalism. With all that said, 99% of the people who own these amazing beasts are full on potato retarded. Sad but true. I dont blame those dogs 1 bit for what they did to your dog. I blame those dogs owner 100% for them having the access to do that to your parents and their pooch. Stick it to them. If the dogs end up getting put down b/c of it, so be it. Those folks deserve having their dogs taken from them, one way or another, due to their dumb asses putting those dogs in that situation. This situation could have ended a lot worse than it did, with your parents dog be damned. Your mom could've gotten killed. We've all seen it in the news. Ive seen what these dogs can do first hand b/c im training them to bite people in a controlled environment. Im just glad your family is ok.

Well, it will play out the way it plays out. I respect your professional opinion and experience.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9