• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New Scope Help

cjs88

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Jan 7, 2020
    TEXAS
    • What is the platform for the scope? Bolt Tikka CTR
    • What cartridge are you shooting? 6.5CM
    • What is your intended use for the scope? Target, Steel, or any combination thereof)
    • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in? Daylight, Lowlight, Nighttime, etc. or any combination thereof, usually go out in the day but things can change over time.
    • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? Public Ranges around here only go out to 300, some private go out to a mile +, would like to try a mile at some point.
    • Are there any specific specifications you would like? SFP, 34mm tube, weight isn't an issue since it will just be on a target rifle
    • What is the price range you can afford? <$3k
    Current dilemma. Just put the NF ATACR 5-25 tremor3 on order with NF expected June22. Vortex lead time for Gen II 4.5-27 Tremor3 is 6-8 weeks. K624i can be here in two days from EO and that sale they have on them right now is super tempting. No real rush besides the itch to go shooting but I can wait for the right scope.

In the past I had a Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27 EBR-7 and it was a really nice scope when I took it out to the range and am considering that again but with the tremor3 and their warranty is a huge plus. Also looking at the NF ATACR 5-25 tremor3 and the Kahles K624i with SKMR3. I've been searching on here and the internet in general and have found conflicting reviews for the NF and Kahles. They all say you can't go wrong with either but some rate the NF higher, some the Kahles. It probably all boils down to personal preference and whether or not a 3rd party is paying them to favorably review their scope. Comparing the warranties Vortex obviously seems to have the best in the business which is why I am leaning towards them. I don't plan on doing anything super crazy with the scopes to cause any damage, I try and take care of things that cost so much.

Warranties aside, does anyone have personal experience with all three or maybe a combination of two?

Last edited:
    Of the three you’re considering, I’ve owned the Gen 2 razor 4.5-27 and NF 5-25 ATACR.

I’m not hard on my optics and only had each for a couple years. I didn't encountered any issues with either during that time. I still have a 4-16 ATACR that’s been solid.

Warranties are great. Not having to use a warranty is better.

No experience with the tremor3, but it’s an interesting concept. SKMR3 wouldn’t be my first choice for xmas tree style reticle, but looks okay.

With a <$3k budget some good finds can be had in the PX.