• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes New scope question

Vossman5

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2020
I know this has been covered a million times over, but I need post count as well as not reviving an old thread.

I'm looking for a "Jack of all trades" scope for my 25-06, I'll be using it mainly for dogs (prairie and coyotes) and targets. Occasionally a deer once in a while. It's already a heavy gun (8#) as it is, I don't plan on trekking with there rifle, but if I can keep it under 11 with everything that would be great.

I'd like the minimum magnification around 3, 2.5 to possibly 4 but that's a bit high I think, and maximum around 15+ i think. I have a vortex diamondback hp 3-12x42 already, but would like better glass
I have a Nikon black x1000 6-24x50, can get a 4-16, but I'd like to try something else.
I've looked at bushnell lrhs and lrts but they're hard to find now any help for me?

Don't post in tech sections just to up your post count.

There are plenty of threads that you should read through before asking this question.

I didn't post just to up my count.
My point is a lot of the other threads are older, and there are new scopes to be looked at, and I didn't want to revive a dead thread. I've read and asked a lot, but I'm new to this type of shooting/ hunting and looking for experienced members replies. I understand that FOV is more important than low magnification, as some have a larger fov at 4x than others at 2.5 rare but out there.
I've never varmint or predator hunted before.

This thread can get closed since you feel that just telling me what not to do is more helpful.

Vortex Razor HD LHT would work well. Comes in 3-15. I have one (last year’s model which is HD LH) and its very light at 16.5oz and excellent glass. You can sometimes find the old version (new version just came out this year) which is the HD LH for $600-$700 used. The major difference I believe is the newest version has a lit reticle. Its a second focal plane scope but that works fine for me.