• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New scope recommendations?

Dylan951

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2021
Washington state
Hey I’m having trouble figuring out which scope to buy for this next hunting season and general plinking
image.jpg
. It will be going on a 18” 6.5 Grendel AR. I’m looking to spending in the neighborhood of 600$ so recommendations would be much appreciated.

I posted on your bear pit thread. We can delve much deeper here. Just off the cuff I’d suggest a Low Power Variable Optic, LPVO. However, a few questions first…What distances are you looking at shooting? Light conditions? Is weight a concern? There’s a metric shit ton of choices within your price range. What you need to do is narrow down those choices given your criteria. You came to the right place and welcome.

ETA: The post above mine is also good advice. It all depends on what you want in your scope.

SWFA best bang for the buck. Plenty of options to choose from, not to mention a great starting point for durable optics.

Reactions: Moose
If you are a Veteran and or LE there are several companies that give a discount, as well as companies that are on this site that will give you a discount. Pick a power and reticle that you like and then narrow it down from there.

If you are a Veteran and or LE there are several companies that give a discount, as well as companies that are on this site that will give you a discount. Pick a power and reticle that you like and then narrow it down from there.
Like 308Gunner said. If a veteran, military etc., go here https://www.bushnell.com/vip-program

If not and there's something you're interested in then hit me up and I can help you out.

Can you save $300... get the new Bushnell LRHS2 from GAP. Best glass at the price. Another great option is the Vortex PST II 3-15x44, an excellent scope for the price (talk to Scott at Liberty Optics he usually has the best price in the industry). I do not like recommending Chinese manufacture scopes but Athlon has some decent CCP scopes if you’re into funding a communist nation committed to overthrowing the free world. Sorry, off my soapbox now

Can you save $300... get the new Bushnell LRHS2 from GAP. Best glass at the price. Another great option is the Vortex PST II 3-15x44, an excellent scope for the price (talk to Scott at Liberty Optics he usually has the best price in the industry). I do not like recommending Chinese manufacture scopes but Athlon has some decent CCP scopes if you’re into funding a communist nation committed to overthrowing the free world. Sorry, off my soapbox now
Aren't the PST's made in China?

For just plinking the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 or the Leopold 1-4 are very nice in your range. I use them on my 'fun' guns like an M1A or an AR-15

The Strike Eagle has more of a 'red dot' feel, while the Leopold is a straight up cross hair (which I prefer for longer ranges and precision work, the dot can cover up details). (SWFA is also good--don't wanna crap on those).

Rule of thumb spend as much on your optic as your rifle.

Glad you survived the bear pit, even if you did make me moist!

And +1 to Liberty Optics. Give him a call and he can hook you up with what you want. Back in the day, he was out of stock with what I wanted but steered me to a great alternative. Budget on the scope is a little light--but do what you gotta do, you can get something good--but you might wanna look at that 900 dollar range. There is some serious good glass to be had.

Reactions: Glassaholic
For $600 you have no choice other than Arken. People in the other thread think it’s the shit.

I personally would recommend that you look into an Arken Optics Gen2 series of scopes. Prices are $399 for the 4-16 version, and $449 for the 6-24 version. Superb optics, great glass, ons of features including a super easy set zero stop. Veteran owned and operated!!

DK

Attachments

• D129DBC9-00B1-44FB-B117-F239914F1D67.jpeg
    D129DBC9-00B1-44FB-B117-F239914F1D67.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 20