• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes new scope

FrozenMinnesotan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2018
Ne MN
Im looking at getting a new scope for my prs/hunting rifle. most hunting is done from 25 yards to 600ish. targets are out to 1400 but mostly under 1000 with a few prs matches a year.

my choices are..

atacr 4-16f1 Mil-r
steiner T5Xi 3-15 scr mil
vortex razor g2 3-18 (heavy)
Leupold mark5 3.6-18 tmr
Nx8 2.5-20 mil-c (i can get for 1600 new)

which would you choose and any other suggestions?
needs illumination/mil/lower power under 4x/ decent glass.
im coming from a athlon midas tac 6-24 so i know any of these will blow it out of water.

Last edited:
Id get the mil-c over the mil-r if it was me. I‘m planning to grab a 4x16x42 in mil-xt soon. I’ve had good luck with nightforce products. Good luck

Reactions: FrozenMinnesotan
The Leupold would be my choice because you are going to hunt with this rifle.

atacr 4-16f1 Mil-r
Leupold mark5 3.6-18 tmr
Nx8 2.5-20 mil-c

Have or have had a variation of all 3 of the above. All are great scopes. I lean towards the 2.5-20 just because the bottom end is nice for unexpected or close shots. 4-16 is a little bit of a pig for hunting but is a nice optic. Mk5 has great glass and turrets but it’s a Leupold so

I recently switching from Mil-R to Mil-C in my 4-16 ATACR. I would take the Mil-R for hunting, Mil-C for PRS. I love that scope for 50-1000 yards. Haven't tried to engage behind that.

I only have NF at the moment but the Mk5 has peaked my interest. I might suggest leaning that way on the spec sheet.